PDA

View Full Version : Not a time to c-bet?

AshleyC
05-07-2007, 11:26 AM
Villan was 78/43 but only over 10 hands or so. I shut down when I missed. Too weak?

Ultimate Bet No-Limit Hold'em, $.50 BB (6 handed) Hand History converter (http://www.learnhowtoplaypokerfree.com/convert/convert.cgi) Courtesy of PokerZion.com (http://PokerZion.com)

SB ($16.20)
Hero ($50)
UTG ($58)
MP ($39)
CO ($42.05)
Button ($45.95)

Preflop: Hero is BB with K/images/graemlins/club.gif, A/images/graemlins/club.gif.
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP raises to $1</font>, CO calls $1, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises to $1.95</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $8.1</font>, MP folds, CO folds, Button calls $6.15.

Flop: ($18.45) 8/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 8/images/graemlins/heart.gif, T/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks

ICallUFisH
05-07-2007, 11:32 AM
First of all I would not rereraise with AK, what would u do if BU goes allin.

Do you really think you are still a head, what is his pushing range?

And back to topic: I would not cbet here, I'm done with the hand and would not risk any more money.

Bowlboy
05-07-2007, 11:37 AM
The 78/43 looks like villain is shaping up to be an aggro donk, but it's hard to tell for sure, unless you've seen him showdown junk, or if he's already made a few 3bets.

Personally I would call preflop. Your hand is strong enough to see a flop 3 way. Getting it HU with a 4bet is iffy because it puts you in the spot you're in on this flop a lot of the time. Even though 10 hands is a super small sample, I"m still willing to gamble that he's a donk who wont throw his hand away in a reraised pot, so I tend try to make a hand with AK and the take his A90 to value town.

wslee00
05-07-2007, 11:41 AM
nice avatar icallufish - makes me disoriented though...

as for the hand - with that guy's stats, I'd 4-bet here at least 75% of the time.

And definitely lead this flop. Villain probably didn't hit anything and you'll take it down depending on how loose he is post flop. Either way - you make a note and move on.

AshleyC
05-07-2007, 11:46 AM
Because of the min raise and small-ish raise pre-flop this pot plays a similar size to a 3-bet pot; not a 4 bet pot. I think I am way ahead of villans range and would have to play the hand OOP, they were my reasons for 4 betting pre-flop.

In spots like this I've seen donks bluff raise with midpairs, thinking that I obv have an AK type hand.

ICallUFisH
05-07-2007, 01:12 PM
i'm taking back my guess, as i have not read the part with his stats.

@wslee00 thanks... /images/graemlins/wink.gif

Hellmouth
05-07-2007, 01:16 PM
unless I have a read that button likes to raise c-bets, I cbet half the pot and fold to a raise.

Reevaluate the turn if button floats the flop, turn check or double barrel is a hard decision. However with the paired board and the strong 3-bet pf, I think that this c-bet is +ev as long as it is not much more than 1/2psb.

Greg