PDA

View Full Version : (50NL 6-max) Overpair trouble on the turn

Panda Bear
05-07-2007, 09:33 AM
Villain is like 56/1 and a huge limper/calling station...he snap called the flop, what do i do on the turn?

Full Tilt Poker - No Limit Hold'em Cash Game - $0.25/$0.50 Blinds - 5 Players - (LegoPoker HH Converter (http://www.legopoker.com/hh))

SB: $19
<font color="black">Hero (BB): $56.40</font>
UTG: $37.05
CO: $99.05
BTN: $44.90

<font color="black">Preflop:</font> Hero is dealt K/images/graemlins/club.gif K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif (5 Players)
<font color="red">UTG raises to $1.75</font>, CO calls $1.75, 2 folds, <font color="red">Hero raises to $8.75</font>, UTG folds, CO calls $7

<font color="black">Flop:</font> ($19.50) 3/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 3/images/graemlins/heart.gif 5/images/graemlins/heart.gif (2 Players)
<font color="red">Hero bets $16</font>, CO calls $16

<font color="black">Turn:</font> ($51.50) Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif (2 Players)
Hero ???

PietM
05-07-2007, 09:53 AM
Without other reads it's hard to make a decision here. How often did he fold to a continuation bet?

The pot is quite big. Any bet you make basically puts you all-in. Think I would push here....

Janar
05-07-2007, 09:59 AM
With the given specs (CO being a huge calling station), I would def push over there. He probably doesn't have a set, as this type of a players usually bet big with strong hands - you only have to hope that you won't see a flush over there.

Things are of course different if you have seen him check-raising or check-calling with a monster before.

Quester
05-07-2007, 10:21 AM
I check/fold it, lick my wounds, and prepare for the next hand. Against a calling station that cold-called a raise and re-raise preflop and a fairly large flop bet, we have no fold equity. We should only shove if we think we have the best hand. I think we don't. I don't think this type of villain would call the flop without 2 hearts.

I'd like to check and see what he does. Maybe he'll give us sufficient odds to draw to our 4-outer.

barryc83
05-07-2007, 10:24 AM
Easy AI vs a station. Shove now for value and bc you dont wanna see another heart.