PDA

View Full Version : NL50 - AA. ugly flop. what now?

restless
05-07-2007, 07:33 AM
Villain is 11/11 over 30ish hands. havent made any noice whatsoever this far.

I'm running at 27/12 if villain notices.

Party Poker - No Limit Hold'em Cash Game - $0.25/$0.50 Blinds - 5 Players - (LegoPoker HH Converter (http://www.legopoker.com/hh))

<font color="black">Hero (SB): $50.25</font>
BB: $47.05
UTG: $74.25
CO: $70
BTN: $55.20

<font color="black">Preflop:</font> Hero is dealt A/images/graemlins/club.gif A/images/graemlins/spade.gif (5 Players)
UTG folds, <font color="red">CO raises to $2</font>, BTN folds, <font color="red">Hero raises to $5</font>, BB folds, CO calls $3

<font color="black">Flop:</font> ($10.50) Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif T/images/graemlins/club.gif J/images/graemlins/heart.gif (2 Players)
Hero checks, CO checks

<font color="black">Turn:</font> ($10.50) 8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif (2 Players)
Hero ???

So should I start putting money in the pot? was the flop check stupid? My experience is that playing a big pot on a flop like this with 1 pair is asking for trouble.

thoughts on this?

docnuclear
05-07-2007, 07:41 AM
I'd bet the flop and see from there, he called a reraise, he might just be in there with some mid pair trying to hit a set. Also any card coming could make you fold a winner, and you don't wanna give a free card to KQ, and he might call you with a worst hand like AQ.
So I'd bet 7-8.
Also your reraise is too small, 6 is the minimum

Chomp
05-07-2007, 07:53 AM
I raise more preflop...I make it at least $6 here. Being OOP, I might even make it $6.45 or somethng.

Villain's range must be pretty tight here given his numbers, although the difficulty is that the small pfr makes 2p hands a bit more likely than otherwise might have been the case.

I think I cbet flop here to get value from AQ and AJ. A big raise and I think we are done though as I doubt a nit is getting frisky here with TPTK.

As played, I think villain bets AK here always to catch set/2p hands. I also think he'll bet sets and KK. So I try to see if we can get value from 1 pair hands on turn/river, but I'd proceed with extreme caution.