PDA

View Full Version : NL25 - QQ in reraised pot, nasty board

Bramsterdam
05-07-2007, 05:03 AM
Villain is 30/7/2 over 200 hands, not that good obviously. River is blocking bet, because I want to set my own price vs. AQ/AJ hands. But what do I really beat? Comments?

HERO (BB) ($32,45)
UTG ($17,28)
UTG+1 ($49,33)
CO ($41,40)
BTN ($34,65)
SB (13,15)

Pre-flop Hero is in BB K/images/graemlins/heart.gif, K/images/graemlins/club.gif.
UTG calls, UTG+1 raises to 1.15, CO folds, 2 calls, HERO raises to $4.50, UTG folds, UTG+1 calls, 2 folds.

Flop: ($10) J/images/graemlins/club.gif 10/images/graemlins/club.gif 10/images/graemlins/heart.gif
HERO bets $6, UTG+1 calls $6.

Turn: ($22) Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif
HERO checks, UTG+1 checks.

River: ($22) 6/images/graemlins/spade.gif
HERO bets $8.

Genz
05-07-2007, 05:21 AM
Bet more on the flop and bet that turn. Your river blocking bet is too weak and will induce bluff raises often. You beat AJ, AQ, KQ, KJs, QJs, 99 and any busted flushdraw here.
I play it bet flop, bet turn, c/c river, unless it's not reasonable.

Sweir
05-07-2007, 05:26 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Bet more on the flop and bet that turn. Your river blocking bet is too weak and will induce bluff raises often. You beat AJ, AQ, KQ, KJs, QJs, 99 and any busted flushdraw here.
I play it bet flop, bet turn, c/c river, unless it's not reasonable.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yea I play it like this too. You have the top OESD and an overpair on the turn, bet.

Alexey
05-07-2007, 07:23 AM
Look at villain's stats, his raise could mean almost exclusively AA,KK,QQ,JJ,TT,AK. You lose to ALL these hands (except less likely kings). I would bet pot on flop and shut down on turn, check-fold river unless his river bet is small.

Genz
05-07-2007, 08:08 AM
7% PFR is a little more than just the monsters.
TT is almost out of the question and I accept going broke against quads.
AK is pretty unlikely since we hold two of the Ks.
KK is just as unlikely as TT. And we don't lose, but we split.
From his play, I'd be mostly concerned about JJ, QQ which make up for 6 combos while there are 12 for AQ alone.

As played, hero might even check to induce a bluff from a busted flushdraw, AQ, KQ and avoid getting raised. But as the hand played out, I certainly couldn't fold for $15 on this limit.

Bramsterdam
05-07-2007, 12:50 PM
So not everyone plays this hand the same, which makes it interesting right? Villain actually called my riverbet and showed me JJ for a flopped boat.

Tnx for your input.

Lumpr
05-07-2007, 07:56 PM
Question - Shouldn't the villian be reraising the river?