PDA

View Full Version : NL 50 Ak o - profitable play ?

begoaspo
05-07-2007, 03:16 AM
there was a discussion about this hand ; 2 player had me on a bluff

Hero: 14/6/1.7 100 hands
Villian: 19/15/2.4 100 hands

Full Tilt Poker - No Limit Hold'em Cash Game - $0.25/$0.50 Blinds - 6 Players - (LegoPoker HH Converter (http://www.legopoker.com/hh))

SB: $65.60
BB: $26.95
UTG: $86.70
MP: $55.70
CO: $40.45
<font color="black">Hero (BTN): $112.35</font>

<font color="black">Preflop:</font> Hero is dealt K/images/graemlins/heart.gif A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif (6 Players)
<font color="red">UTG raises to $2</font>, 2 folds, Hero calls $2, SB folds, BB calls $1.50

<font color="black">Flop:</font> ($6.25) 7/images/graemlins/diamond.gif Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif 7/images/graemlins/club.gif (3 Players)
BB checks, <font color="red">UTG bets $4</font>, Hero calls $4, BB folds

<font color="black">Turn:</font> ($14.25) Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif (2 Players)
UTG checks, <font color="red">Hero bets $6</font>, UTG folds
Uncalled bet of $6 returned to Hero

Pot Size: $14.25 ($0.70 Rake)

Villian liked to play UTG ,

- c betting 60%
- callig c-betting 0% !!
- raise c-bet 0% !!

EV+ ? Working fine at NL 25 !

- 2 Paired board
- heavy combodraws board

so is it a good play to do so in general , I do this 80% ?

PietM
05-07-2007, 03:24 AM
I would either raise on the flop here, or fold.

What hands fold to your (small) bet on the turn that bet out on this flop?

begoaspo
05-07-2007, 03:39 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I would either raise on the flop here, or fold.

[/ QUOTE ]

- he liked to c-bet ( any PP , SC , 2 Broadway cards)
- didnt called a c- bet yet
- I had a very tight image
- small bet was meant to be ,please call me , I have it
- sometimes I like floating against c - betting people ,
(shows extra streangh !?!)

I agree, to raise the flop - no freecard

Brian O'Nolan
05-07-2007, 04:16 AM
Mar del Plata is in Norway??

Seriously... reraise pf. Given that you didn't I'm guessing 14/6 is close to what you normally run- your hand is nearly face up pretty much all the time to thinking players. You can beat NL50 playing like that, but not for much, and you will just get exploited more and more if you move up.

begoaspo
05-07-2007, 04:33 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Mar del Plata is in Norway??

Seriously... reraise pf. Given that you didn't I'm guessing 14/6 is close to what you normally run- your hand is nearly face up pretty much all the time to thinking players. You can beat NL50 playing like that, but not for much, and you will just get exploited more and more if you move up.

[/ QUOTE ]

thats what I want to know ... ! Thanks so far ....

normaly I play like 24/12/4 in avarage,
but changing gears very quick : from 6/12/1 to max 25/45/10

my location is NL25 - taking shots at NL50

biblesalesman
05-07-2007, 04:38 AM
What do you mean his hand is face up? He didn't reraise preflop so its going to be hard to put him on ak, this looks more to me like maybe tpmk or a pocketpair of sorts at least when he calls the flopbet. Ofcourse it's not impossible to put him on ak since many NL50 players play ak weakly but still. But Bego its a nobrainer to reraise with this hand in this position preflop, do that next time its really a lot more profitable.

TheDivineRod
05-07-2007, 04:55 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

small pocket pairs, Kx, Ax.

begoaspo
05-07-2007, 04:55 AM
I like 3 -betting !
It is really - EV not to do in position with AK ?
So if I hit 1 pair at flop im pretty sure that i have the best hand so far , so villian could have alot of hands but not beating me : AQ , AJ , KQs , ...

dodgybob
05-07-2007, 05:55 AM
3bet pf. Don't play 50nl if this is something you do often.

Genz
05-07-2007, 06:20 AM
reraise preflop. Hand plays completely differently then. No need to get tricky with AKo preflop on 25NL. Don't invite the blinds to call. Board is debatable for a float. He won't believe you 77 or QQ. And if he has some kind of PP 88-JJ, he will probably call you down. Since you are very nitty preflop, he COULD believe you have AQ or KQs though. But villain probably doesn't know that. Don't bluff on 25NL.

begoaspo
05-07-2007, 07:54 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

why not ???

AK , AA , KK , QQ , JJ , ( AQs) , (TT )! especially OOP
Tell me..

begoaspo
05-07-2007, 08:00 AM
[ QUOTE ]
reraise preflop. Hand plays completely differently then. No need to get tricky with AKo preflop on 25NL. Don't invite the blinds to call. Board is debatable for a float. He won't believe you 77 or QQ. And if he has some kind of PP 88-JJ, he will probably call you down. Since you are very nitty preflop, he COULD believe you have AQ or KQs though. But villain probably doesn't know that. Don't bluff on 25NL.

[/ QUOTE ]

make sence .... !

Gut erklaert ....

Genz
05-07-2007, 08:02 AM
I don't really understand what you mean with your last post, esp. "especially oop". Do you mean when you are oop? Just limping with hands like AA, KK, QQ, AK or flat calling a raise is a bad play at these limits, because your opponents usually call too much. Therefore you are leaving money on the table. With one of these hands you are usually a big favorite before the flop. Therefore it should be your goal to get as much money in as possible. AK, AQ might be a minor exception, because you rely on fold equity a little when you reraise him. On uNL, you don't really need to worry about giving your hand away. You don't have to balance your play in a way that noone knows what you could be reraising with. Instead, especially with the big pairs, you want to grow a big pot and get it heads-up! Multiway action in a huge pot is often a huge desaster for AA especially when everyone in the pot loves calling. When the money goes in, you are very often behind some freaky two pair. That's why you don't want to limp in or flat call raises with these kind of hands. Concentrate on stacking the first raiser not everyone at the table.
TT and JJ are more debatable. Against a tightish raiser, I don't like reraising TT and I often flat call JJ as well, since often it only plays well for set value as soon as an overcard comes. That's a matter of style and depends on the opponent and the situation mostly. So don't be too passive preflop with your huge hands. You are costing yourself money for letting your opponents get away cheaply and you might even cost yourself a stack by letting people in for little money. If you want to balance your play, reraise MORE hands preflop from the button instead of raising less. But in general, you don't really need to care about deception. They call you even when they KNOW that you gotta have AK, AA, KK. Your 15% PFR looks decent though.

kindju
05-07-2007, 08:05 AM
*grunch*
I don't like taking this line against a TAG raising UTG. Way too many pocket pairs constitute his range (big part of the reason why reraising preflop with this hand is so important) plus with a Q on the flop what hands do you expect to beat here, AJ?. As played do not bet the turn, if he is not horribly weak he will call you with everything in his range that beats you except maybe the lowly pairs and fold everything you beat. Check the turn then call a reasonnable bet on the river, let him bluff or let him pair his AJ on the river.

begoaspo
05-07-2007, 08:20 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Didnt ment you to Quote ..... Genf , my mistake

of course I 3 betting AA,KK,.... ,especialy OOP then

Genz
05-07-2007, 09:00 AM
No problem. I just realized that I mixed you up with villain in the last sentence of my post. Your pfr of 6 is pretty low. It should be somewhere around 15 like villain's. So you might want to start loosening up a little bit in late position. Steal more blinds, defend your button against limpers etc.

begoaspo
05-07-2007, 11:19 AM
thanks for your posts !

additional :

PP : NL25 6max 11/22/2.5 over 68000 Hands PTBB/100 6.8

FT : NL25 6max 14/23/3.2 over 6852 Hands PTBB/100 2.8

Im 2-tabling with max consentration , now I just playing at Full Tilt to improve my game skills...