PDA

View Full Version : Should i stop chasing on the turn?

dimeetrees
05-07-2007, 12:26 AM
Full Tilt Poker - No Limit Hold'em Cash Game - $0.10/$0.25 Blinds - 6 Players - (LegoPoker HH Converter (http://www.legopoker.com/hh))

SB: $69.30
<font color="black">Hero (BB): $27.50</font>
UTG: $67.80
MP: $25
CO: $28.75
BTN: $19.25

<font color="black">Preflop:</font> Hero is dealt 7/images/graemlins/club.gif A/images/graemlins/club.gif (6 Players)
UTG calls $0.25, MP folds, CO calls $0.25, 2 folds, Hero checks

<font color="black">Flop:</font> ($0.85) T/images/graemlins/club.gif 3/images/graemlins/club.gif 2/images/graemlins/spade.gif (3 Players)
<font color="red">Hero bets $0.75</font>, UTG calls $0.75, <font color="red">CO raises to $3</font>, Hero calls $2.25, UTG folds

<font color="black">Turn:</font> ($7.60) Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif (2 Players)
Hero checks, <font color="red">CO bets $5</font>, Hero calls $5

<font color="black">River:</font> ($17.60) 9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif (2 Players)
Hero checks, <font color="red">CO bets $8</font>, Hero folds
Uncalled bet of $8 returned to CO

Pot Size: $17.60 ($0.85 Rake)

I wasnt thinking at all when I made this play, but id like some comments...do I stop chasing this thing?

apple11
05-07-2007, 12:29 AM
Id prefer a check call on the flop. As played fold turn

dimeetrees
05-07-2007, 12:39 AM
why would u check call the flop? dont u want to build the pot if u hit the nuts?

Crimsonjade
05-07-2007, 01:18 AM
[ QUOTE ]
why would u check call the flop? dont u want to build the pot if u hit the nuts?

[/ QUOTE ]

Being OOP I like a check call here better. You can spike an Ace as well that may put you ahead. However, I think calling the reraise is spew.

As played, I fold the turn.

Panic__NL
05-07-2007, 01:22 AM
a check call line is so obvious a draw and playing a draw OOP si hard, cause you cant set the price or guarantee yourself a free card. Villian makes it clear on the flop he want no flush chasers so I would fold on the flop reraise. As said many times before: find a better spot.

tarheeljks
05-07-2007, 01:24 AM
i don't think leading is that bad. it disguises our hand, whereas check calling here screams fd. maybe lead for something closer to 2/3 and fold to that raise.

Crimsonjade
05-07-2007, 01:26 AM
[ QUOTE ]
a check call line is so obvious a draw and playing a draw OOP si hard, cause you cant set the price or guarantee yourself a free card. Villian makes it clear on the flop he want no flush chasers so I would fold on the flop reraise. As said many times before: find a better spot.

[/ QUOTE ]

I swore I saw a pfr. As I thought it was raised, my line was calling behind the preflop raiser and betting out J+ on the turn. I would not check call an unraised pot.