PDA

View Full Version : No Limit Hold'em Cash Game - $0.01/$0.02 -- Well played full?

castigar
05-06-2007, 01:07 PM
I may not have raised enough on my 2 pairs but I didn't want everyone to fold.. Please tell me what I did wrong.. Thanks a lot

Poker Stars - No Limit Hold'em Cash Game - $0.01/$0.02 Blinds - 9 Players - (LegoPoker HH Converter (http://www.legopoker.com/hh))

SB: $10.50
<font color="black">Hero (BB): $5.27</font>
UTG: $4.96
UTG+1: $0.49
MP1: $2.54
MP2: $2.01
Vilain (MP3): $3.99
CO: $3.71
BTN: $3.15

<font color="black">Preflop:</font> Hero is dealt T/images/graemlins/heart.gif 4/images/graemlins/diamond.gif (9 Players)
UTG folds, UTG+1 calls $0.02, MP1 calls $0.02, MP2 folds, Vilain calls $0.02, CO folds, BTN calls $0.02, SB calls $0.01, Hero checks

<font color="black">Flop:</font> ($0.12) 4/images/graemlins/heart.gif J/images/graemlins/club.gif T/images/graemlins/club.gif (6 Players)
SB checks, <font color="red">Hero bets $0.08</font>, 2 folds, Vilain calls $0.08, 2 folds

<font color="black">Turn:</font> ($0.28) T/images/graemlins/spade.gif (2 Players)
<font color="red">Hero bets $0.14</font>, Vilain calls $0.14

<font color="black">River:</font> ($0.56) 9/images/graemlins/club.gif (2 Players)
<font color="red">Hero bets $0.40</font>, <font color="red">Vilain raises to $0.80</font>, Hero calls $0.40

Pot Size: $2.16 ($0.10 Rake)

Results a little later..

South Pole
05-06-2007, 02:02 PM
I would have (hope I would have) bet the flop a lot stronger (say $0.30). For the simple reason that it's a big "drawing flop" (third club on the turn might make a flush for your opponent, additionally the JT just needs a 9 or Q or 8 or K or 7 or A on the turn and your opponent could have a straight). At least 90% of the time you'd be well ahead having flopped two pair, but things could change quickly in this particular hand because of the type of flop - as I suggested above - and you could find yourself losing quite a lot on the hand, so you need to make your opponent pay to see the next card and if he folds you've won the pot (that's never a bad thing).

castigar
05-06-2007, 02:05 PM
There was 12c in the pot. You're sure I should've raised to 30 ? That's 2.5x the pot..

Keys Myaths
05-06-2007, 02:08 PM
[ QUOTE ]
There was 12c in the pot. You're sure I should've raised to 30 ? That's 2.5x the pot.

[/ QUOTE ]

No, he's wrong. But, pot the flop.

You're pushing this river. Every single flush and straight is calling you at this level. Don't be afraid of T9 and JT. You're WELL ahead of villain's range to push here.

juggler97531
05-06-2007, 02:09 PM
calling river == not liking money.
Reraise all in!. You likely have him crushed and you are waaaaaay ahead of his calling range. He could have better house, ye, but you are ahead of so so many hands that calls you.
Trips, worse boat, str8... w/e.

and flop and turn are fine IMHO.

ocdscale
05-06-2007, 02:10 PM
Bet pot on flop, bet bigger on turn ~.2, River is fine, although I can see an argument for a value shove (his hand looks like a flush draw, so you may get a call)

Overbetting the flop (.30) is really silly.

juggler97531
05-06-2007, 02:12 PM
Hmm. can you give any argument for NOT shoving river?(other than Villain showing us his cards)

Keys Myaths
05-06-2007, 02:12 PM
[ QUOTE ]
River is fine,

[/ QUOTE ]

No, it's really not, and this is what this hand is all about.

You're losing some serious money in the long run if you're afraid of monsters under your bed here.

castigar
05-06-2007, 02:23 PM
The guy hit a straight flush. 9 to King.

I understand I should've raised some more on the flop. But how is it a good play if everyone folds when I have a good hand.. (I'm a newbie)

South Pole
05-06-2007, 02:25 PM
If he has any two clubs or K7-9 or Q8-9 or 89, a bet of $0.08 gives him excellent implied odds. It's just not enough in this situation - there are too many drawing hands out there. You don't flop two pair very often and you want to extract the maximum when you do but this flop is very dangerous. Seven players are seeing this flop!!! Hello!!!

juggler97531
05-06-2007, 02:27 PM
your flop is disputable, but it is not a spew. unless you can fold to big aggresion later.

Turn card gives you basicly the nuts. If you are going to lose it is bad luck nothing else.
I like this small bet as str8 and flush draw may believe they get proper odds to draw and pay you off on the river.

River all draws came in so now is paytime.

You lost - it is bad luck. Don't let it misjudge you situations like this in future. It is perfect spot to play for stack.

Tommy1234
05-06-2007, 02:33 PM
[ QUOTE ]

I understand I should've raised some more on the flop. But how is it a good play if everyone folds when I have a good hand.. (I'm a newbie)

[/ QUOTE ]

Your hand isnt that great on the flop as there are a load of draws out there that beat you. At this level people will call a pot sized bet with any draw and at least top pair so you can afford to make a pot sized bet here and not to feel bad the 10% of the time that everyone folds.

fwiw, I think turn bet is excellent because it makes you look weak and is begging to be raised or called.

95% of the time that 9 is your pay off card. So you need to bet at least the pot here again and then shove when reraised. You got unlucky on this hand, but this will be the profitable play in the long run.

Keys Myaths
05-06-2007, 02:37 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Because they weren't calling big bets later anyway.

Your goal when you hit the flop hard is to get as much money in the pot as possible. You have to assume they have the big, second-best hands. If they don't, you weren't making any money anyway.

South Pole
05-06-2007, 02:42 PM
You really have a good hand but (and see my other posts for details) the flop is very dangerous for you. If the flop didn't have the two suited cards and THE two favourite cards for making straights then I hope I would have made a similar bet to you.

lengthy
05-06-2007, 02:56 PM
the reason why you want to bet more on the flop is because your hand is not invincible. even though you do have a decent hand there are a lot of card that could put you way behind. Even though you ended up losing this hand I think you loose vaue by not shoving the river. your hand is good nintey percent of the time.

05-06-2007, 03:20 PM
bet a little more on flop and bet close to potsize on turn, especialy on a draw heavy board. The way played I check / call river.

Tommy1234
05-06-2007, 03:26 PM
[ QUOTE ]
bet a little more on flop and bet close to potsize on turn, especialy on a draw heavy board. The way played I check / call river.

[/ QUOTE ]

do not ever ever ever ever check / call this river in 5nl on this board.

Keys Myaths
05-06-2007, 03:47 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

do not ever ever ever ever check / call this river in 5nl on this board.

[/ QUOTE ]

You didn't include enough evers here.

05-06-2007, 04:33 PM
Lol, didn`t see turn was a T for a full house. Thought he still had 2 pairs. ;(

jmgambler
05-06-2007, 06:23 PM
........... I would have reraised/Pushed the river