PDA

View Full Version : a bad reraise?

tokAlosh
05-06-2007, 11:02 AM
Hi all, im new to the forum so i dont know exactly how to make fancy hand posts.

anyway, ill do my best.

I live in South AFrica and play on a south african site. where the currency is rands, $1 = R7.

Blinds are R2/R4

Table is a ten seater, Max buy in is R400

Im on the C/O with R550 holding 44.

UTG limps, 2 more limpers from mid position, i limp, button folds SB calls BB ckecks.

Flop Q 4 8, rainbow.

bb bets a R4 one mid position player flods, the other one calls, and i reraise to R24. SB and BB folds, the other mid position player whose stackes is about the same as mine calls. He is a loose passive player.

Turn is an A, Still rainbow, he checks to me i bet R80, he calls.

River is another Q, he bets R110 into me, i reraise Ranother R110 he goes all in and i call, He is holding AQ and makes a higher full house, and takes my cash, i break my keyboard.

Is ther anyway i could have avoided this? should i have folded to his river all in, or should i have just called his first river bet?

any ideas how i could have played this better, thanx.

sputum
05-06-2007, 12:24 PM
[ QUOTE ]
any ideas how i could have played this better, thanx.

[/ QUOTE ]
Looks fine.

[ QUOTE ]
Is ther anyway i could have avoided this? should i have folded to his river all in, or should i have just called his first river bet?

[/ QUOTE ]
Only if you know a lot more about your opponent than you let on.
This stuff happens. It doesn't mean you played badly /images/graemlins/grin.gif

JadeRedstone
05-06-2007, 01:01 PM
If this is 6 max , I almost always raise any pocket pair, especially from late position. However, if I've been raising lots, and there are few limpers I might limp as well.

You played it fine. you want AQ to stick to the ride and it is just a cooler that he hit his magic card on the end. You are supposed to lose a stack in this situation.
Make a note on villain that he limps AQ and that he like to slow play (just calling with TPTK and Top 2 pair is really slow playing)

I think he would have given you just as much action on the river had he didn't get his boat.

thats poker

ocdscale
05-06-2007, 02:50 PM
You played it fine, take notes on his play (he slow plays), and move on, nothing you could have done.

He could have had any Q there, AQ, KQ, JQ, QT.

I also second the opinion that he would have stacked off no matter what came, just bad luck is all.