PDA

View Full Version : NL25 weird line?

neaera
05-06-2007, 06:20 AM
hi guys, I've been lurking here for quite some time and have to thank all of you for letting me learn stuff by doing that /images/graemlins/smile.gif
anyways, this hand came up yesterday:
villain is 25/15/1.6 over 121 hands, no further reads so far.
I'm up for stealing here from the CO, when I'm reraised I call mainly because of position and his thin reraising range (easy to put on a hand). I know QT sucks and I probably should muck there when reraised.

Poker Stars - No Limit Hold'em Cash Game - $0.10/$0.25 Blinds - 6 Players - (LegoPoker HH Converter (http://www.legopoker.com/hh))

SB: $24.85
BB: $32.60
UTG: $33.10
MP: $17.75
<font color="black">Hero (CO): $27.40</font>
BTN: $23.80

<font color="black">Preflop:</font> Hero is dealt Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif T/images/graemlins/club.gif (6 Players)
UTG folds, MP calls $0.25, <font color="red">Hero raises to $1.25</font>, BTN folds, <font color="red">SB raises to $3</font>, 2 folds, Hero calls $1.75

<font color="black">Flop:</font> ($6.50) 6/images/graemlins/heart.gif 6/images/graemlins/spade.gif Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif (2 Players)
SB checks, <font color="red">Hero bets $4.50</font>, <font color="red">SB raises all-in to $21.85</font>, Hero ?

his check seemed weird to me, because of the possible FD and him being the aggressor, so I put out a bet to find out where I am with TPNK. His CRAI seemed even weirder. I can see a range of like JJ+, AKs doing this, versus which I'm 50/50.
any thoughts on the range and the line? what would you do? is not folding my hand preflop the key mistake or do you call the reraise sometimes here?

Leobzook
05-06-2007, 06:23 AM
QTo is a horrible hand to be calling reraises with.

Check flop for pot control and not to end up in the situation you are in.

Panic__NL
05-06-2007, 06:43 AM
although is 3bet preflop is small, he gives away alot of information about his hand's strength, fold preflop, as played fold the flop, what do you beat here?
his check reraise is probably for value, hoping you put more in the pot, which you do.

neaera
05-06-2007, 06:56 AM
well, I beat JJ, AKs and I'm gettin 2:1. thats what made me think in the first place. I mean its obvious that his play signals strength and that my hand is crap. but why would he give me a freecard to the flush? he can't hope for a cbet, bc he reraised me preflop. I thought his line looked especially like AKs.

Panic__NL
05-06-2007, 07:01 AM
seems the flush cant bother him maybe? And check reraising your bet being not a cbet, makes the move even stronger.

neaera
05-06-2007, 07:07 AM
so your saying I should put him on QQ specifically? cause thats the only hand which is only slightly bothered by a flush.

Bramsterdam
05-06-2007, 07:26 AM
QQ isn't bothered by a flush and is unlikely given that you have a Q and the strange overbet.

poker_n00b
05-06-2007, 08:28 AM
I think you are little to worried about the flush draw here in this heads up pot.

As played, fold. He is not doing it with JJ. Even if he is, the other hands in his range beat you so often that calling here is not profitable.

And yeah, fold preflop. If you flop top pair tens or queens you continue right? But you said that you can narrow his range greatly to JJ+, AQ+. So the call seems insane. I would rather call with 75s here.

MrWooster
05-06-2007, 08:44 AM
What about AK of spades? Makes sense PF and likely to want to build a big pot on the flop...

poker_n00b
05-06-2007, 08:51 AM
[ QUOTE ]
What about AK of spades? Makes sense PF and likely to want to build a big pot on the flop...

[/ QUOTE ]

What about it? It is one of the hands you are small favorite against. Many hands in his range crush you, therefore he can mathematically allow himself to do crazy things with draws and still play profitable.