PDA

View Full Version : Skeptical of Rakeback procedure (please clarify)

outcastpoker
05-05-2007, 09:18 PM
Hi, I have never done any rakeback through sites.

I play on Prima network, POKERTIME.
Recently a guy contacted me in a poker table and we talked on MSN after. He said he had 50% rakeback deal for me at Battlefield Poker skin (also Prima network).

He gave me this website: http://www.rakebacknr1.com/
And told me to download the Battlefield poker skin through the link provided:
http://battlefieldpoker.com/do....php?btag=BanAff48135

When I told him I downloaded the software through the official main page of the poker site, he emphasized that if I didn't use that link to download the software that I would not get the rakeback.

He said after a few days, the software will have a "Redeem" button when I clicked the POKERACTION button. I can withdraw my rakeback every two weeks.

----

I told my friend about my offer and how I got it and he told me that he knew a guy that got robbed $5000 from one of his poker accounts, and it was the only account he had rakeback offer from. So I am very worried this is a scam.

Does anyone have information on this? How did you get your rakeback deals?
Is this how rakeback procedures are?

I am very skeptical of this process, someone please clarify these things for me.
I have not deposited any money into my Battlefield account yet, so there is no money to be lost yet - but please give me some advice.

Thanks

RakeReduction
05-08-2007, 01:38 PM
If you stick with the really big affiliates here, you CANNOT go wrong. Some sites pay you directly (automatic into your poker site) for the rake you generate, some affiliate sites pay you via intra account transfers.

My best advice, is to find a reputable affiliate, and go with them. There are a number of start up, fly by night affiliates who cut and run.

Sigurd
05-12-2007, 07:52 AM
Signing up with people spamming in the chat is a pretty bad idea. Even if they intend to pay you, they are pretty much asking to get their affilate account closed..