PDA

View Full Version : 25NL: flop 2 pair on uncoordinated rainbow flop. Slow play gone bad?

yeedog
05-05-2007, 08:13 PM
Yes I know the limp is terrible, but I knew that if i limped everybody else would limp along and atleast I was on the button.

I figured no turn card would really scare me and SB could have just hit the J and I'm way ahead with top two. Should I just have raised the flop to like 4 or 5 and probably win it right here? SB just came in for 15 so I really have no reads yet..

I hardly ever slow play but this seemed like the perfect scenario to do it.

What do you guys make of his turn check-raise? Can I put SB on exactly JT or some kind of set? Does Baluga theorem play here even with 2 pair? SB could have limped in with AJ/KJ just as easily as JT...

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.25 BB (4 handed) Hand History Converter Tool (http://poker-tools.flopturnriver.com/Hand-Converter.php) from FlopTurnRiver.com (http://www.flopturnriver.com) (Format: 2+2 Forums)

SB ($16.20)
BB ($6.30)
UTG ($33.65)
Hero ($62.25)

Preflop: Hero is Button with J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 7/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
UTG calls $0.25, Hero calls $0.25, SB completes, BB checks.

Flop: ($1) J/images/graemlins/club.gif, 7/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 2/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets $0.5</font>, BB folds, UTG folds, Hero calls $0.50.

Turn: ($2) T/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $1.5</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB raises to $3</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero??</font>

Waingro
05-05-2007, 08:35 PM
I think your call on the flop is worse than your call pf. Make a slightly less than pot-sized raise to $2. This is a limped pot and youŽd like to get it in by the river.

So you slowplay the flop so you could get action on later streets and then when you get action on the turn you donŽt know what to do. Hmm. Fold pf, raise the flop.

Keys Myaths
05-05-2007, 08:40 PM
Preflop and flop are awful.

As played, call and reevaluate the river.

Triggerle
05-05-2007, 09:42 PM
PF is ok if you know what you are doing (i.e. don't get carried away if you flop TP).

Flop is exactly what you are looking for if you decide to call this pre-flop. You need to be willing to play this hard and felt this or you shouldn't call pre-flop.

As played call and push most non-heart rivers.

yeedog
05-05-2007, 11:28 PM
I pushed it over the the turn re-raise without much thought. He flipped over JT... oh well. Just wanted to see if others play this differently..