PDA

View Full Version : $50nl how many things did i do wrong here?

jerryf1914
05-05-2007, 05:57 PM
Full Tilt No-Limit Hold'em, $0.50 BB (6 handed) Hand History Converter Tool (http://poker-tools.flopturnriver.com/Hand-Converter.php) from FlopTurnRiver.com (http://www.flopturnriver.com) (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Button ($50)
SB ($50)
Hero ($49.25)
UTG ($63.75)
MP ($43)
CO ($62)

Preflop: Hero is BB with K/images/graemlins/spade.gif, J/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
UTG calls $0.50, MP calls $0.50, CO calls $0.50, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Hero checks.

Flop: ($2) 6/images/graemlins/club.gif, J/images/graemlins/heart.gif, J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
Hero checks, UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP bets $1.5</font>, CO folds, Hero calls $1.50, UTG folds.

Turn: ($5) T/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP bets $1.5</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $3</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP raises to $9</font>, Hero calls $4.50.

River: ($21.50) 8/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP bets $3.5</font>, Hero calls $3.50.

Final Pot: $28.50

Results in white below: <font color="#FFFFFF">
SB doesn't show.
Hero has Ks Js (three of a kind, jacks).
MP has Jc 9c (three of a kind, jacks).
Outcome: Hero wins $28.50. </font>

i don't like to raise from the bb when just about the whole table has limped since i'm totally oop. for some reason i thought he had j10 and was just value betting because he thought i had nothing.

shoxbb6
05-05-2007, 06:05 PM
First off, don't show results with the hand.
Checking this in the BB is standard.
Lead the flop, lead the turn, then value bet the river.
As played, do not ever minraise. On the turn, put in a real checkraise to around 7-8. Don't just smooth call his 3bet, try and get your stack in on the turn.
On the river, push,

bluef0x
05-05-2007, 06:13 PM
Seriously, you can't narrow an opponents hand down to purely JT.

Flop is OK if you think UTG/MP/CO will bet and call. If they aren't really aggressive, you need to lead the flop. After the call, you really have to throw something out on the turn. His flop bet could have easily been with a 6 or a bluff. Since you already shown you have something, he might just check it behind and you will lose value. Same goes for the river.

CaseS87
05-05-2007, 06:29 PM
[ QUOTE ]
First off, don't show results with the hand.
Checking this in the BB is standard.
Lead the flop, lead the turn, then value bet the river.
As played, do not ever minraise. On the turn, put in a real checkraise to around 7-8. Don't just smooth call his 3bet, try and get your stack in on the turn.
On the river, push,

[/ QUOTE ]

QFT

Triggerle
05-05-2007, 06:42 PM
[ QUOTE ]
i don't like to raise from the bb when just about the whole table has limped since i'm totally oop.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is not the reason you don't raise this from the BB. If you have a hand that can win a large pot multi-way but is problematic heads up you should take the opportunity to see a free flop. If you raise this you are are wasting the hand's flush/straight value. Raise worse hands as a (semi-)bluff and better hands for value.

whodatdare
05-05-2007, 06:43 PM
Villain clearly likes his hand on the turn. You should shove here. He'll pay you off.

Roger Mainfield
05-05-2007, 06:53 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Seriously, you can't narrow an opponents hand down to purely JT.

[/ QUOTE ]

WRONG, sometimes even the pros narrow down there opponents range to one hand, and play super weak cause they are SURE they are behind.

Proof: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tN6wAHTWeEA