PDA

View Full Version : 50NL: AQ 150+ bb's deep

spyderracing
05-05-2007, 05:39 PM
Full Tilt Poker - No Limit Hold'em Cash Game - $0.25/$0.50 Blinds - 5 Players - (LegoPoker HH Converter (http://www.legopoker.com/hh))

SB: $84.80
BB: $56.90
UTG: $49.30
<font color="black">Hero (CO): $126.20</font>
BTN: $47.15

<font color="black">Reads: </font>Opp is 60/0/6 over 45 hands

<font color="black">Preflop:</font> Hero is dealt A/images/graemlins/spade.gif Q/images/graemlins/club.gif (5 Players)
UTG folds, <font color="red">Hero raises to $1.75</font>, BTN folds, <font color="red">SB raises to $3</font>, BB folds, Hero calls $1.25

<font color="black">Flop:</font> ($6.50) A/images/graemlins/heart.gif 2/images/graemlins/spade.gif 8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif (2 Players)
<font color="red">SB bets $0.50</font>, <font color="red">Hero raises to $5</font>, <font color="red">SB raises all-in to $81.80</font>, Hero ????

Kind of a weird spot here. The donkbet/shove line is one I've not seen before.

TheRenaissance
05-05-2007, 05:58 PM
Villain seems very very aggressive postflop. Have you seen him pull some big bluffs?

CaseS87
05-05-2007, 06:14 PM
I don't see how you can even consider calling here.

TheRenaissance
05-05-2007, 06:34 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I don't see how you can even consider calling here.

[/ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Opp is 60/0/6 over 45 hands

[/ QUOTE ]

TheRenaissance
05-05-2007, 06:37 PM
...FWIW I think it is a fold with the information given. But I would CONSIDER calling, if I had seen villain pull some similar crap.

prodonkey
05-05-2007, 06:39 PM
I fold without a second thought.. small sample.. but he hasn't raised a single hand yet.. and then he 3 bet u preflop then min donk shoved an ace hi flop. AQ sucks, I don't see any reason to put in a buy in and a half here with it.

Check_The_Nuts
05-05-2007, 06:44 PM
yeah I fold too....

Keys Myaths
05-05-2007, 06:45 PM
This is an easy fold, and thanks to the villain for making this so easy to play.

spyderracing
05-06-2007, 12:35 AM
I should have added that I've seen him get pretty wild. Hasn't shown anything down because he's pushin people off big pots. FWIW I called and he had KK. I held and won.

IshiP2U
05-06-2007, 12:48 AM
Eh after like the third time Villain has done this (and he is doing it to the whole table and not just you specifically) I'd call. Folding I can see too, in the name of "looking for a better spot" but unless you're going to wait for a set or something and this is a repeated thing from Villain I'd call for sure.

tomo10
05-06-2007, 12:52 AM
It's nice to see that your hand held up and won but I think that you can defenitely wait for a bettter situation to get all the money in here especially with you both having deep stacks.

IshiP2U
05-06-2007, 12:56 AM
I don't consider 150BB's to be deep at all, but if you want to make your decisions easier against somebody like this you can start playing 4bet pots.....

seat_empty
05-06-2007, 01:45 AM
fwiw when i read this hand and his stats the very first hand that popped into my mind was KK, or maybe QQ.

The only other hand possible would be AA, and given the fact that you have an ace and there's one on the flop, him having AA is unlikely. Add to that most villains with his type of stats tend to actually slowplay when they hit a monster on the flop (stupid as hell but it's true). So i don't think he'd play a set of aces this way.

imo it's a good call.

prodonkey
05-06-2007, 04:01 AM
I also considered a big pair part of his range.. people just get frustrated that an ace flops and go screw it. i'm shoving! I still think it's a bad call 99% of the time though.

seat_empty
05-06-2007, 01:17 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I also considered a big pair part of his range.. people just get frustrated that an ace flops and go screw it. i'm shoving! I still think it's a bad call 99% of the time though.

[/ QUOTE ]

what other hands are in villain's range that he'd play like this that have the hero beat? the only non-AA hand that's even possible would be AK. But he hasn't raised preflop with a single hand out of 50. I have to assume he's gotten a pretty big ace at some point over that sample (if not AK, at least AQ or AJ), and hasn't even open-raised. And now we're going to assume all of a sudden he's 3betting a big ace? Even a lot of people at these stakes who have pfr stats of 9-12% often don't 3bet preflop with anything less than QQ+. And he's DEFINITELY not 3betting with 22, 88, A8, or A2

I pokerstove'd some ranges and this is what i got:

[TT+,AKs,AKo] we're good 67% of the time.

[QQ+], 83% of the time.

[KK+] we're good 67%. (this is honestly what i'd put his range at)

[QQ+,AKs,AKo], we're still good 52% of the time.

[KK+,AKs,AKo] is the WORST case and we're only good 43%. But like i said i still think AK/AA are unlikely given the way he plays /images/graemlins/smile.gif. And if he's 3betting with AK, he'd probably be 3betting with QQ, so this range is a bit 'meh'.

If this was a Q-high flop and the hero was holding TPTK with his AQ, i'd say it's an easy fold. It just seems to me the villain may as well have held up a sign saying "hey everyone, i'm holding a big pocket pair".