PDA

View Full Version : AJ,TPTK, kinda scared

TheyCallMeDonk
05-05-2007, 02:45 PM
VIllian is 40/17/2.75 over 45hands
Im kinda afraid of QQ KK AA, but i dont know,
Should I re-raise instead of calling?

Full Tilt Poker - No Limit Hold'em Cash Game - $0.05/$0.10 Blinds - 4 Players - (LegoPoker HH Converter (http://www.legopoker.com/hh))

SB: $15.15
BB: $4.10
UTG: $14.20
<font color="black">Hero (BTN): $11.55</font>

<font color="black">Preflop:</font> Hero is dealt A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif J/images/graemlins/spade.gif (4 Players)
<font color="red">UTG raises to $0.90</font>, Hero calls $0.90, SB calls $0.85, BB folds

<font color="black">Flop:</font> ($2.80) J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 3/images/graemlins/heart.gif 5/images/graemlins/spade.gif (3 Players)
SB checks, <font color="red">UTG bets $0.80</font>, Hero calls $0.80, SB folds

<font color="black">Turn:</font> ($4.40) T/images/graemlins/heart.gif (2 Players)
<font color="red">UTG bets $2.10</font>, Hero ?

tarheeljks
05-05-2007, 03:06 PM
i don't like this pf call. fold or raise, with folding being the better option since he is unlikely to just call your raise having open for 9bbs. best case scenario he's trying to take it down pf w/a medium/small pp, but it's more likely that he's being paranoid pf w/QQ+. you've put yourself in a pretty crappy spot, so it's hard to say what to do on the turn.

Quester
05-05-2007, 03:10 PM
AJo is usually a raise for me preflop on the button, but not for 9bb. Unless villain is a total mainiac, I'm folding. His preflop raise numbers look fairly tight (even though 45 hands is a small sample). You're probably starting out behind. Yes you have position, but I don't think you can make up a 9BB deficit.

As played, raise the flop. I'd make it like 3 to go. If he re-raises we have a clear fold. If he calls, I take the free card if offered and fold if not.

As played, fold the turn. You haven't done anything to really put villain on a hand so you're in a jam. Just fold it and wait for another spot.

Everlong
05-05-2007, 03:20 PM
The T on the turn doesn't change much other than that you are now behind TT as well. It looks like you are being taken to valuetown but readless and as played I actually call turn and see what he does on the river.
You are still ahead of KJ,QJ and a double barreled AK,AQ.

Raising turn is pointles IMO. You will fold out the worse hands that probably won't three-barrel anyway and donate money to the hands that are ahead.

But I agree you butchered this pf. Cold-calling with AJ sucks here, fold is probably the way to go against someone who is pretty conservative pf for 6.max

Triggerle
05-05-2007, 03:23 PM
I think pf is ok if you have an idea why he is betting so big from UTG.

The small bet on the flop followed by a bigger bet on the turn could be a scared hand, most likely a small pocket pair or a weak J. I see that a lot from bad players: they want to see if you like your hand and when you don't raise they think you missed and think they are good/try to push you off the hand. You need reads that this is indeed such a villian but if you have them then you can call him down. Be aware, however that they will sometimes fill up to two-pair by the river.

I usually raise the flop to the amount of a proper cbet. Most of the time they fold. Sometimes they call and go for the same move on the turn.

sww
05-05-2007, 04:52 PM
I'd like to hear more opinions on preflop. I fold, call and raise with AJ in this spot, depending on the circumstances. Against this loose villain I don't think we can fold it, and the value of the initiative is not that essential. I know it's easier to play after the reraise and extra info but my bet is that coldcall has the biggest positive EV if hero plays great postflop.

apple11
05-05-2007, 05:12 PM
AJ is a fold for 9BB even against a guy like that. Anyway since you called, I think you need to raise flop his bet looks really weak to me.