PDA

View Full Version : 50NL, AA reraised deep

china_hard
05-05-2007, 12:45 PM
I have been quite loose and aggressive for the past hour on this table, getting a fair amount of being played back at. Villain has not been at the table too long, however he has doubled up. I am playing without stats, but his play so far has been ABC as far as I can see; he seems pretty solid.

Thoughts on all streets appreciated, thanks.

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em, $0.50 BB (6 handed) Hand History Converter Tool (http://poker-tools.flopturnriver.com/Hand-Converter.php) from FlopTurnRiver.com (http://www.flopturnriver.com) (Format: 2+2 Forums)

UTG (Villain) ($99.20)
MP ($13.55)
CO ($49.25)
Hero ($135.33)
SB ($260.47)
BB ($8.50)

Preflop: Hero is Button with A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, A/images/graemlins/club.gif.
Villain raises to $2, 2 folds, Hero raises to $8, 2 folds, Villain calls $6.

Flop: ($16.75) 4/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 8/images/graemlins/club.gif, 3/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Villain checks, Hero bets $12, Villain raises to $35, Hero calls $23.

Turn: ($86.75) Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Villain checks, Hero checks.

River: ($86.75) 6/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Villain checks, Hero calls $135.33 (All-In), Villain calls $56.20 (All-In).

Final Pot: $321.28

Keys Myaths
05-05-2007, 12:57 PM
What are we beating that he calls this river AI with?

china_hard
05-05-2007, 01:00 PM
I don't want to give my thought process throughout the hand just yet. More thoughtful or reasoned replies than this please though. Are you saying I should check behind on turn and river? If so, why? what range are you putting villain on?

Keys Myaths
05-05-2007, 01:01 PM
I like a turn bet a LOT more than a river bet here.

Chomp
05-05-2007, 01:10 PM
Hmmmmm. Odd action. Has to be KK, no?

His widest preflop range normally must be {AQ+, TT+}. But as hero has 2 A's, clearly TT, JJ, QQ, KK must be the range. Putting 88 in there is marginal IMO.

His flop c/r is consistent with wanting to trap your cbet and confirms he has a premium PP.

As there's no way villain is checking turn with a set, 88 now disappears from his range (if it was ever in it). IMO, turn action narrows it to JJ, QQ, KK. I think I'd check with QQ on turn of I were villain.

But it's unlikely he's checking again on river with QQ (unless he's good and notices your aggression and knows you'll bet with KK/AA/JJ/bluff/whatever when checked to).

So I think hero's push is brave (not something I'd do being a pussy) and probably correct and got the money from KK or JJ.

If the bastard had 44, 33, 88 bah, cooler. If he had QQ, I think he got lucky, but played it well. If he had JJ or KK, happy days. A split with AA isn't impossible. (Although, since you posted this hand I suspect you got owned by QQ).

barryc83
05-05-2007, 01:26 PM
Shove flop IMO and stack JJ-KK a lot. If he has QQQ and checked the river, good for him, but I'm betting he showed up with KK/JJ bc checking QQQ on the river is weird. I'd shove river for value with the way the action went down too. But I'd just shove the flop bc people hate folding overpairs.

eigenvalue
05-05-2007, 02:12 PM
No matter what Villain might hold. If he is solid, he calls this river bet only with a hand that has 1 pair beat. This is the reason why this river bet sucks as long as we assume that Villain is solid!

china_hard
05-05-2007, 02:15 PM
Thanks Chomp, you confirmed my thinking though the hand. My action made sense at the time of doing it, but I wasn't so sure on reflection and wanted to see what people thought.

Villains flop c/r almost certainly meant 88-AA. I didn't want to give him a chance to fold here and am still happy with my calling, looking to stack him later in the hand, here.

I too felt that his checking the turn put villain on JJ, QQ, KK or the other AA. If he made a set with his QQ, then so be it. I'm splitting rarely and still looking to stack JJ/KK. I checked to see what happened on the river.

His river check means he rarely has QQ. I see him as holding TT-KK and pushed for value. He called with KK.

china_hard
05-05-2007, 02:18 PM
[ QUOTE ]
No matter what Villain might hold. If he is solid, he calls this river bet only with a hand that has 1 pair beat. This is the reason why this river bet sucks as long as we assume that Villain is solid!

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you agreeing with my and chomps view of this hand but saying that villain will fold JJ or KK on the river? Given his play I don't think he will always fold JJ, and will rarely fold KK given the action.

Saying a solid villain will always fold 1 pair hands given the board and action so far seems too simplistic to me.

tarheeljks
05-05-2007, 02:24 PM
why not put him in on the turn?

china_hard
05-05-2007, 02:38 PM
Because given the range I have villain on, I am not folding my hand, I want to get it all in. Unless he makes a set on the river, then I am not letting him outdraw me by giving a free card.

Villain has slowed down on the turn; he either made a huge hand or is not sure about his hand now. His check really threw me at the time and I was pretty sure he had QQ. However if he is holding TT, JJ or KK, I'd rather be weak myself on the turn and let him push or call the river when he's behind.

Sorry, that doesn't read through very well even though it made sense in my head, ask me if that is unclear.