PDA

View Full Version : NL10 - AK vs. Unknowns...Totally Lost!

calmB4storm
05-04-2007, 07:53 PM
Very similar situations, but two separate villains. No read on either one, unfortunately.

First of all, I hate the flop min-bets. What the hell does that mean? A small piece of the flop and will fold to resistance? Apparently not. A timid monster? Could be. Do you like my flop raises in both cases, and did I size them correctly?

Now onto the turn. In both cases I hit my ace, and it was checked to me. I'm thinking, Sweet! I totally knew he was weak, now I can take his ass to value town! I throw in a 1/2 - 2/3 pot bet, but villain comes over the top. [censored], now what? Baluga's theorem...give it up? That's what I did in the first hand, but the second one I strapped on a pair and shoved.

Much help needed, and as always it's greatly appreciated!

Hand 1:
Full Tilt Poker - No Limit Hold'em Cash Game - $0.05/$0.10 Blinds - 4 Players - (LegoPoker HH Converter (http://www.legopoker.com/hh))

SB: $19.15
<font color="black">Hero (BB): $12.95</font>
UTG: $12.95
BTN: $18.50

<font color="black">Preflop:</font> Hero is dealt A/images/graemlins/club.gif K/images/graemlins/spade.gif (4 Players)
2 folds, <font color="red">SB raises to $0.20</font>, <font color="red">Hero raises to $0.75</font>, <font color="red">SB raises to $1.30</font>, Hero calls $0.55

<font color="black">Flop:</font> ($2.60) 7/images/graemlins/club.gif T/images/graemlins/club.gif 5/images/graemlins/heart.gif (2 Players)
<font color="red">SB bets $0.10</font>, <font color="red">Hero raises to $1.60</font>, SB calls $1.50

<font color="black">Turn:</font> ($5.80) A/images/graemlins/heart.gif (2 Players)
SB checks, <font color="red">Hero bets $3</font>, <font color="red">SB raises to $7.05</font>, Hero folds
Uncalled bet of $4.05 returned to SB

Pot Size: $11.80 ($1 Rake)

Hand 2:
Full Tilt Poker - No Limit Hold'em Cash Game - $0.05/$0.10 Blinds - 5 Players - (LegoPoker HH Converter (http://www.legopoker.com/hh))

SB: $4.85
BB: $9.25
UTG: $16.60
<font color="black">Hero (CO): $9.65</font>
BTN: $3.95

<font color="black">Preflop:</font> Hero is dealt K/images/graemlins/club.gif A/images/graemlins/club.gif (5 Players)
UTG folds, <font color="red">Hero raises to $0.40</font>, 2 folds, BB calls $0.30

<font color="black">Flop:</font> ($0.85) 6/images/graemlins/spade.gif 8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 9/images/graemlins/club.gif (2 Players)
<font color="red">BB bets $0.10</font>, <font color="red">Hero raises to $0.85</font>, BB calls $0.75

<font color="black">Turn:</font> ($2.55) A/images/graemlins/spade.gif (2 Players)
BB checks, <font color="red">Hero bets $1.50</font>, <font color="red">BB raises to $3</font>, <font color="red">Hero raises all-in to $8.40</font>, BB calls all-in for $5
Uncalled bet of $0.40 returned to Hero

<font color="black">River:</font> ($18.55) 5/images/graemlins/spade.gif (2 Players - 2 All-In)

Pot Size: $18.55 ($1 Rake)

Ramana
05-04-2007, 08:35 PM
H1: I call turn AI. You get 4:1 pot odds, you're good here at least 25%. Usually they RR high PP's pf, and you're not gonna push him off his hand. So on the flop i'll just call the minbet. I'd try to keep the pot small and make it to showdown. As played I'd check behind on the turn for pot-control and valuebet if checked to on the river.

H2: I'd go for pot control here in the same way. I think you stack off too quickly w TPTK, maybe try to not overplay it. TPTK is a very strong hand against NL10 fish, but i'd like to play mid-sized pots w TPTK and avoid playing for stacks. For this i think you don't nedd to push someone off a hand, which won't work often at NL10 anyway, and go for valuebetting in secure spots instead.