PDA

View Full Version : unnkown 50NL TP2K river T2

the machine
05-04-2007, 07:11 PM
no reads

Full Tilt Poker - No Limit Hold'em Cash Game - $0.25/$0.50 Blinds - 6 Players - (LegoPoker HH Converter (http://www.legopoker.com/hh))

SB: $53.90
BB: $50
UTG: $19.95
MP: $52.55
CO: $56.50
<font color="black">Hero (BTN): $76.15</font>

<font color="black">Preflop:</font> Hero is dealt Q/images/graemlins/club.gif K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif (6 Players)
UTG folds, <font color="red">MP raises to $1.75</font>, CO folds, Hero calls $1.75, 2 folds

<font color="black">Flop:</font> ($4.25) J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 3/images/graemlins/club.gif (2 Players)
<font color="red">MP bets $3</font>, Hero calls $3

<font color="black">Turn:</font> ($10.25) 3/images/graemlins/spade.gif (2 Players)
<font color="red">MP bets $7.50</font>, Hero calls $7.50

<font color="black">River:</font> ($25.25) K/images/graemlins/spade.gif (2 Players)
<font color="red">MP bets $21.25</font>, <font color="red">Hero raises to $42.50</font>, MP calls all-in for $19.05
Uncalled bet of $2.20 returned to Hero

discuss.

Peter Harris
05-04-2007, 09:10 PM
Don't like the CC PF.

I would raise/fold that turn.

Raising the river, i can't see many hands calling you beat.

All in all, the flop is fine.

Bonesy
05-04-2007, 09:22 PM
I just call the river and don't like it much. The raise feels like spew to me. The only hands you are beating that would call are QJ and AK and I'm not sure villain plays those hands that agressively.

Isura
05-04-2007, 09:35 PM
I'd raise the flop. Just call the river.

Peter Harris
05-04-2007, 09:42 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I'd raise the flop. Just call the river.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think we find out much better how our hand is if we call the flop and raise the turn.

What are you doing when a) villain 3b flop b) villain calls and checks turn c) villain calls and bets turn?

Isura
05-04-2007, 09:54 PM
I'm obviously raising flop to get it all-in. Raising the turn sucks because at that point we commit half of our stack, and can't fold (hence your point about having more info comes at too much of a cost)

Peter Harris
05-04-2007, 10:04 PM
so if you raise the flop and villain reraises big, you're committing your stack? what do you think villain's 3b range is on that flop?

I would think if you raise the flop and get 3b big you're usually in a whole heap of trouble.

Isura
05-04-2007, 10:12 PM
I wouldn't call PF if I didn't think I could get paid in this spot.

Peter Harris
05-04-2007, 10:13 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I wouldn't call PF if I didn't think I could get paid in this spot.

[/ QUOTE ]

lol, thats a good point, i'd fold PF and avoid this.

Kasane
05-04-2007, 10:32 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I'm obviously raising flop to get it all-in. Raising the turn sucks because at that point we commit half of our stack, and can't fold (hence your point about having more info comes at too much of a cost)

[/ QUOTE ]

Whoa! Hold on. One of the posters I respect the most just said something that I would never consider. This is a no reads situation. Isura, you're going to call an all in after raising flop? What hand do we beat that does this? A draw?

I call and see what the turn brings me.

Speedlimits
05-04-2007, 10:44 PM
no way all in on the flop that is spew.

c/c down is std.

the machine
05-05-2007, 08:36 AM
thanks for the replies. i think calling down here is standard against an unknown because raising in any spot leaves us open to a shove and we really cant figure out where we stand.

as for the river i tanked before getting it in. i dont see much we beat here calling. the only hand that might pay here is QJ, and maybe if villains spewy, AQ. i really wish FT had a time button like PS so i could go over the hand a little longer lol.

he had JJ and MHING