PDA

View Full Version : QQ OOP, is my play correct?

pacman2k7
05-04-2007, 06:48 PM
Villain is 30/0/2 70 hands

My image was very LAG at the table.

Poker Stars - No Limit Hold'em Cash Game - $0.10/$0.25 Blinds - 6 Players - (LegoPoker HH Converter (http://www.legopoker.com/hh))

SB: $15.95
BB: $35.80
<font color="black">Hero (UTG): $32.35</font>
MP: $49.65
CO: $26.60
BTN: $27.30

<font color="black">Preflop:</font> Hero is dealt Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif Q/images/graemlins/club.gif (6 Players)
<font color="red">Hero raises to $1</font>, MP calls $1, 3 folds, BB calls $0.75

<font color="black">Flop:</font> ($3.10) 8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 3/images/graemlins/club.gif 4/images/graemlins/diamond.gif (3 Players)
BB checks, <font color="red">Hero bets $2.75</font>, <font color="red">MP raises to $5.50</font>, BB folds, <font color="red">Hero raises to $9.25</font>, MP calls $3.75

<font color="black">Turn:</font> ($21.60) 8/images/graemlins/club.gif (2 Players)
Hero checks, <font color="red">MP bets $14.50</font>, <font color="red">Hero raises all-in to $22.10</font>, MP calls $7.60

<font color="black">River:</font> ($65.80) Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif (2 Players - 1 All-In)

Pot Size: $65.80 ($3 Rake)

CaseS87
05-04-2007, 06:57 PM
Tough one. I think I'm shoving the flop though after he min raises.

pacman2k7
05-04-2007, 07:01 PM
My plan was build a pot, dont push out mid pair and draws, trap him on turn. Turn actually was a good card for my plan.

CaseS87
05-04-2007, 07:06 PM
[ QUOTE ]
My plan was build a pot, dont push out mid pair and draws, trap him on turn. Turn actually was a good card for my plan.

[/ QUOTE ]

The fact that there is a possible flush draw on board makes your super small flop reraise pretty bad IMO. Is there anything about his play that makes you think he would even fold 8x, 99-JJ to a flop push?

pacman2k7
05-04-2007, 07:11 PM
draw, 8x folds, mid pair also,only TT-JJ will call my push..maybe AKs.

Willem
05-04-2007, 07:23 PM
What's wrong with draws folding?

And btw what are the odds he has a draw if he minraies you?

I shove to his minraise.

pacman2k7
05-04-2007, 07:28 PM
And what kind of hands will call my shove?

pacman2k7
05-04-2007, 07:31 PM
I really dont understand this TAG, big hands raise / reraise all in flop plays at all.

Defend my big hands, push out players who will calls w/ top pair, mid pairs, draws.

Kasane
05-04-2007, 09:14 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Nothing wrong with a building a pot, but giving them odds to call you is nuts. You have to have them make a FTOP mistake to make money. As is, I think you give odds for 8x to call you. That's really wrong. You've given the correct odds to the flush and the two-pr draw to call your bet, and only mid-pair is going to go away -- the one thing you beat that you don't mind letting draw.

Flush draw mr happens all the time from certain villains.

Nice river. I'm betting 8x called you a two-out luck box.

pacman2k7
05-04-2007, 09:16 PM
so I should raise him all in or 15$?

Kasane
05-04-2007, 09:28 PM
[ QUOTE ]
so I should raise him all in or 15$?

[/ QUOTE ]

pot at least, which would commit you or him. Depends on your villain and what you think he'll go along with.

Depending on villain, you can call the raise, and bet out a blank turn as well. A real donk, you might want to stack-a-donk a blank turn.

The one thing you CAN'T do is what you did, which is put in the third min-raise.

pacman2k7
05-04-2007, 09:45 PM
ok thanks for the advice.

Nice river. I'm betting 8x called you a two-out luck box.

/images/graemlins/wink.gif

pacman2k7
05-04-2007, 09:49 PM
Depending on villain, you can call the raise, and bet out a blank turn as well.

But then I will give him right odds to a draw

Kasane
05-04-2007, 10:16 PM
[ QUOTE ]

Depending on villain, you can call the raise, and bet out a blank turn as well.

But then I will give him right odds to a draw

[/ QUOTE ]

On the flop, you'd be flipping with an aggro lag who has Ax suited. He has the odds as long as he's pegged you correctly for an overpair on that board. It's against his range that we're pushing. His range that we beat includes 8x, 99-JJ, Ax suited, suited connectors... blah, blah. And there's stuff you're dead to as well, sets and so on.

Based on the type of player, you weight his range. You can't make a call "wrong" to a OESFD for example, or Ax suited -- they've got 12+ outs and they're priced in (I think -- haven't checked stack sizes, but I'd assume so.) So, against somebody that min-raises good flush draws and sets, you can call the raise and make a good bet on a blank turn that misses the flush -- usually only the set will raise.

I don't remember PF offhand right now, but your villain can be pretty certain that you didn't flop a set. So Ax suited can reasonably (not saying it's right in this case) call an all-in on the flop.