PDA

View Full Version : Huge Flop Overbet

1bio
05-04-2007, 06:47 PM
I know the UTG limp with KTh was bleh. (Was tilting). This is villans very first hand at the table. Do I embrace variance and instacall here?

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.05 BB (6 handed) Hand History Converter Tool (http://poker-tools.flopturnriver.com/Hand-Converter.php) from FlopTurnRiver.com (http://www.flopturnriver.com) (Format: 2+2 Forums)

MP ($14.77)
CO ($5.95)
Button ($7.31)
SB ($10.16)
BB ($9.59)
Hero ($10.23)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with T/images/graemlins/heart.gif, K/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
Hero calls $0.05, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, Button calls $0.05, SB completes, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises to $0.2</font>, Hero calls $0.15, Button calls $0.15, SB folds.

Flop: ($0.65) 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 6/images/graemlins/heart.gif, Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets $9.39 (All-In)</font>, Hero ??

CaseS87
05-04-2007, 06:52 PM
Fold. I wouldn't bet that a K would win it for you.

SkeetyMcdoogle
05-04-2007, 06:53 PM
You're getting 1:1 where we are pretty much guaranteed to be behind. You've invested .15, let it go.

SirFelixCat
05-04-2007, 06:58 PM
[ QUOTE ]
You're getting 1:1 where we are pretty much guaranteed to be behind. You've invested .15, let it go.

[/ QUOTE ]

QFT. Let's assume your K is no good. Therefore, you have 12 outs, which is just less than 50%...find a better spot since you have almost nothing invested.

1bio
05-04-2007, 07:04 PM
The reason I asked was because I figured villan could do this with any two. One of the people that sit down and push every hand until they go broke. If he has AA or KK I am flipping for it basically. I was wondering if people take the flip to take his money before he gives it to someone else at the table.

Thanks

CaseS87
05-04-2007, 07:07 PM
[ QUOTE ]
The reason I asked was because I figured villan could do this with any two.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think this is a pretty poor assumption.

SirFelixCat
05-04-2007, 07:07 PM
[ QUOTE ]
The reason I asked was because I figured villan could do this with any two. One of the people that sit down and push every hand until they go broke. If he has AA or KK I am flipping for it basically. I was wondering if people take the flip to take his money before he gives it to someone else at the table.

Thanks

[/ QUOTE ]

Like you said, you're flipping AT BEST. Just thought you should find a better spot. No pr and just a draw, even with the gutter + FD...find a better spot. Sure it's tempting, but meh, you know?

CaseS87
05-04-2007, 07:09 PM
Oh, and I probably would call this if I was tilting hard.

1bio
05-04-2007, 07:18 PM
I was tilting at the time and this hand happened right after I got stacked Ks against As on another table. I ended up calling after letting my time almost run out and spiked a J on him to win (he had AQo). After I quit playing I went back and looked at it and realized how I lose all my $$ after I go tilt. Certainly will work on avoiding this. Thanks for the posts /images/graemlins/smile.gif

SirFelixCat
05-04-2007, 07:42 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I was tilting at the time and this hand happened right after I got stacked Ks against As on another table. I ended up calling after letting my time almost run out and spiked a J on him to win (he had AQo). After I quit playing I went back and looked at it and realized how I lose all my $$ after I go tilt. Certainly will work on avoiding this. Thanks for the posts /images/graemlins/smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Glad you won, but more importantly, glad you realized that it's not a great spot and will look to improve this...good for you bro and keep it up!