PDA

View Full Version : 50NL- JJ big pot turn decision.

CaseS87
05-04-2007, 06:41 PM
Very good table. Both of the people that called me preflop are horrible players; MP is about 50/20 and BTTN is 50/11/8.

I probably have a bit of a gambler image because within the first couple hands at the table I raised 75 of spades from the sb, BB who is MP in this hand min reraised and I called. Flop was 456 with 2 spades. I c/r, he pushed I called and I won without improvement against AKo.

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.50 BB (5 handed) Hand History Converter Tool (http://poker-tools.flopturnriver.com/Hand-Converter.php) from FlopTurnRiver.com (http://www.flopturnriver.com) (Format: 2+2 Forums)

MP ($36.25)
Button ($81)
SB ($74.40)
Hero ($112)
UTG ($51.65)

Preflop: Hero is BB with J/images/graemlins/club.gif, J/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP calls $0.50, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises to $2</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $7</font>, MP calls $6.50, Button calls $5.

Flop: ($21.25) 6/images/graemlins/heart.gif, T/images/graemlins/club.gif, 4/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $15</font>, MP folds, Button calls $15.

Turn: ($51.25) Q/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>

SkeetyMcdoogle
05-04-2007, 07:56 PM
Man this is really tough. I'm bumping this because I think its a great hand.

Any legitimate turn bet (if we lead, or check/calll) and you will be committed, so I guess we decide if we are done with the hand right here.

Probably not KK-AA as they would 4-bet pre (not always though I guess), and I think QQ and JJ would raise your flop bet.

If he didnt have such a high VPIP I would be really worried about a set, but I think a large part of his range are PP like 77-99, A10+, AhXh. Hopefully a set would minraise you or do something stupid on that flop to let us know they have a hand.

I think its +EV to lead out here for $~40 and call a push. If you're up against a set, so be it. I think you're ahead and that your hand is worth protecting.

I'm fairly new to poker and I think this is a really tough spot, so I may be completely wrong. Hopefully some other, more experienced players chime in.

doppelganger
05-04-2007, 08:04 PM
It's a very tough spot but after thinking about it I think that Q is actually a pretty good card for us.

After we 3-bet PF and make a very large (in relation to the stakes, not the pot) bet on the flop I think we can very much narrow villains range to either complete trash like AT, a flush draw, or a large pocket pair which has us crushed.

The only hands that our donktastic villain could be holding that are assisted by that Q are QT, or QQ. I don't think AQ calls a $15 bet unimproved, I don't care how much of a station he is.

So really, nothing has probably changed except the pot size.

We still have $90 behind. I'm betting $33 into that pot and folding to a raise. (And then kicking my dog.)

NSchandler
05-04-2007, 08:48 PM
Man this spot blows. I think b/c here sucks, as I don't think villain raises this turn with anything less than a Q.

I think I bet $35 and fold to a raise. c/c might get some additional value from hands like 99 or 88 if villain is willing to bluff with them, but b/f is better against A/images/graemlins/heart.gifK/images/graemlins/heart.gif, AT, etc., and given the size of the pot I'm not too upset if I take it down right now rather than try to extract another bet from a lower PP.

Pirelli
05-04-2007, 09:10 PM
If you b/f, that's a pretty big fold consider the odds you'll be getting. I agree that there are many worse cards than the queen in the deck, the only hand that didn't have you beaten already that this hits is A/images/graemlins/heart.gifQ/images/graemlins/heart.gif.

I think a lot of this depends on how bad the villain is. In particular, what's his bet sizing like. You might be able to get to showdown by c/c both streets relatively cheaply. However you have to fold to a big bet if you take this line.

Blocking the turn and river could work as well.

I check a lot of turns generally, so I would check and see what he does.

CaseS87
05-04-2007, 10:41 PM
I checked and called a $9 bet on the turn. River was the T of spades. [censored], what now?

Pirelli
05-04-2007, 10:48 PM
I think you have to c/f to any decent sized bet.

NSchandler
05-04-2007, 10:50 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I checked and called a $9 bet on the turn. River was the T of spades. [censored], what now?

[/ QUOTE ]

c/f to a reasonable bet.

CaseS87
05-04-2007, 10:53 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

c/f to a reasonable bet.

[/ QUOTE ]

I check called $25 and my hand was good against AKo. Probably a bad call, but I'll take it.