PDA

View Full Version : How good a player is Any Beal?

betgo
01-04-2006, 11:48 AM
He's the billionaire in "The Professor, the Banker, and the Suicide King". He took on the players in the big game in $30K/60K limit holdem heads up. At one point he was up $5M, although I think he took a loss overall. Since he more or less held his own, it seems like he would have to be atleast the level of a pro who makes his living playing $30/60 with no K holdem in a cardroom.

TheWorstPlayer
01-04-2006, 11:52 AM
wow, this is a novel topic. how come I've never heard of this guy before? this sounds very interesting and people should have definitely discussed this book, this Any Beal guy, and this big game on here before. i'm very disappointed that this has never been brought up in the past.

voltron.
01-04-2006, 12:10 PM
how the [censored] is anyone actually supposed to answer this?

TheWorstPlayer
01-04-2006, 12:12 PM
you mean you can't compare Any Beal's game to a 30/60 pro? why not? you have first hand experience of Any Beal's game, I assume, and you have first hand experience of many 30/60 pros.... where's the hang up here?

Dids
01-04-2006, 12:47 PM
Nobody knows. Threads like this are dumb.

If you're posting a thread- ask yourself "Will anybody here be able to answer it with any intelligence?" if the answer is likely "no" then don't make it.