PDA

View Full Version : A5s against 2 megadonks, was this good play or just very lucky?

MrWooster
05-04-2007, 02:35 PM
I have found the table of dreams at PS, VPIP of the table is about 75% and the two players I am playing against have played at least their share of 75% or hands. They get very attached to any pair and will easily go all in with TPWK on a drawry board. I have been patiently waiting to stack them with a nice hand and have loosened up a bit.

I put both villains on pair of queens of two pair - no chance of a set here.

On the flop and turn I give myself all the spades as solid outs, 2 5s for a set and put the aces as semi-outs (villains might be playing Ax here.

Was this play OK or is the turn a definite fold given I will be getting 2 stacks, and I have good outs?

Thanks

Guy

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.05 BB (6 handed) Hand History Converter Tool (http://poker-tools.flopturnriver.com/Hand-Converter.php) from FlopTurnRiver.com (http://www.flopturnriver.com) (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Button ($6.52)
SB ($8.87)
Hero ($5.93)
UTG ($5.74)
MP ($6.51)
CO ($4.04)

Preflop: Hero is BB with A/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 5/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
UTG calls $0.05, <font color="#CC3333">MP raises to $0.1</font>, CO calls $0.10, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, SB calls $0.08, Hero calls $0.05, UTG calls $0.05.

Flop: ($0.50) 5/images/graemlins/club.gif, 2/images/graemlins/spade.gif, Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG bets $0.15</font>, MP folds, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises to $1.1</font>, SB folds, Hero calls $1.10, UTG calls $0.95.

Turn: ($3.80) 8/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG bets $0.3</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises to $2.84</font>, Hero calls $2.84, UTG calls $2.54.

River: ($12.32) J/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $1.85</font>, UTG calls $1.70 (All-In).

Final Pot: $15.87

Dunkman
05-04-2007, 02:46 PM
I would have just shoved the flop after CO raised to $1.10. His raise seems to say I hit TP or w/e and I don't want you guys drawing for cheap...you have like a million outs against top pair. However, a turn spade may kill your action, and a turn brick will kill your odds, so the time to move is now. The turn call isn't good, I think you have at most 8 outs, maybe 6, because UTG seems to be drawing too (but it took UTG calling the flop raise and then donking the turn again for me to figure that, so I don't see this information as a reason to not push the flop...just another reason to not call on the turn.) UTG sticking around and donating certainly improved your odds on every street, but I don't think it's reasonable to assume he's making any of those calls he made...he's just donktastic.

edit: ok, I read what you typed...I don't really know why you assumed no set and no draws from either villain, but you were at the table so you have reads and I don't, so that's fair. Yeah, if you're convinced that you have 10+ good outs on the turn then you can call, I just didn't see that many outs looking at only the HH. Still, it's a lot of assumptions you need to make that call, the reads plus the fact that MP has to overcall to make it correct for you. I would say it takes a great read on the opponents to make this call even remotely profitable (and it's not all that profitable anyway.) I still think you should have folded the turn, but hey, it worked out.

kurto
05-04-2007, 03:05 PM
you have the most equity on the flop. Frankly you'd be better off raising there.

Once the turn comes, if you are behind to a better pair+, your equity has dropped to about 25% at best (worse if only your flush outs are good).
If you know for sure that both players will be in its probably close.

btw- its dangerous of you to complete discount either of them have a set. Just because they get attached to a pair does't mean that you should rule out the possibility that they have a monster. Seeing 2 people play this hand this strongly usually suggests a draw (but you have the nut draw) or someone thinks they have a strong hand.

Anyhoo... I'm just suggesting that you don't automatically discount strong holdings simply because players are too loose.