PDA

View Full Version : 50NL: Another confused and butchered AK hand

Chomp
05-04-2007, 02:17 PM
Villain a 37/23/3. He makes moves left right and centre. I would say he's capable of 3betting light, although I doubt he does it with SCs or air or serious crap.

I think I make a complete balls of this preflop. My 4bet is just totally the wrong size. I have no idea what I was trying to do.

I still don't, but my thought prcess was probably: "I am OOP, must have some decent FE over some of his made hands, he makes moves, and if he calls I have a 1/3 shot of hitting my hand and can still save half a stack." Is that thinking just awful?

A lot of people will no doubt say just push preflop. Really? I just think that is expoitable and transparent. Also, is that the most EV line with AK?

I think my flop play is a no-brainer, but if anyone fancies open shoving please let me know.

Thanks.

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em, $0.50 BB (5 handed) Hand History converter (http://www.learnhowtoplaypokerfree.com/convert/convert.cgi) Courtesy of PokerZion.com (http://PokerZion.com)

saw flop|<font color="#C00000">saw showdown</font>

BB ($117.11)
UTG ($52.75)
MP ($15.75)
<font color="#C00000">Button ($205.88)</font>
Hero ($58.35)

Preflop: Hero is SB with A/images/graemlins/spade.gif, K/images/graemlins/club.gif.
<font color="#CC3333">UTG raises to $2</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises to $8</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $21</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG folds, Button calls $13.

Flop: ($44.50) 5/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 5/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 5/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets $27.5</font>, Hero folds.

Final Pot: $72

EMc
05-04-2007, 02:22 PM
I say push PF for a lot of reasons:

a. Avoid these types of situations
b. You will ahve good equity
c. Ill do that with AA-QQ too.

WRT to EV, I cant definately tell you it is the MOST EV line but I know its a +EV line.

As played fold

wildzer0
05-04-2007, 02:25 PM
Honestly, against someone like that, I push preflop. Sometimes I'll call, but if I 4bet, I'm pushing. As played, I usually open push the flop.

wildzer0
05-04-2007, 02:32 PM
[ QUOTE ]

c. Ill do that with AA-QQ too.

[/ QUOTE ]

In regards to this, I'll also do this with 99+, AQ vs. some smaller stack sizes, and many opponents don't differentiate - so they can put you on a signficantly looser range(which they're always trying to anyway) and call with weaker hands.