PDA

View Full Version : 50NL 87s UTG, min raised PF by donk, flop 2 pair.

JROK777
05-03-2007, 07:43 PM
Full Tilt Poker
No Limit Holdem Ring game
Blinds: $0.25/$0.50
5 players
Converter (http://www.neildewhurst.com/hand-converter)

Stack sizes:
Hero: $53.15
CO: $49.85
Button: $60.75
SB: $57.15
BB: $51.75

Pre-flop: (5 players) Hero is UTG with 8/images/graemlins/club.gif 7/images/graemlins/club.gif
<font color="#cc0000">Hero raises to $1.75</font>, 2 folds, <font color="#cc0000">SB raises to $3</font>, BB folds, Hero calls.

Flop: 8/images/graemlins/spade.gif Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif 7/images/graemlins/spade.gif ($6.5, 2 players)
<font color="#cc0000">SB bets $6.5</font>, <font color="#cc0000">Hero raises to $20</font>, SB calls.

Turn: 7/images/graemlins/heart.gif ($46.5, 2 players)
SB checks, Hero checks.

River: 3/images/graemlins/spade.gif ($46.5, 2 players)
SB checks, <font color="#cc0000">Hero is all-in $30.15</font>, SB folds.
Uncalled bets: $30.15 returned to Hero.

Results:
Final pot: $46.5
Villians min rr PF could be a monster. Should have I shoved or make a 50% of pot bet on turn? I thought that I would represent a flush draw and get it all in on the river. What's the best line for this hand?

bluef0x
05-03-2007, 08:02 PM
If he really is a donk, he won't be thrown off by a small bet on the turn and a bigger one on the river.

ajizzle
05-03-2007, 09:04 PM
a few questions, that when answered, might reveal what your optimal line shouldve been.

1) Which flush draw are do you mean to represent when you check the turn? if you are representing spades, then why push when the spade flush hits the river? Otherwise, the comment you made about representing the flush draw makes absolutely no sense.

2) What's villain's range? if you put him on a big pair, what does checking the turn do? what does he put you on if you push the turn? underbet the turn?

3) What range is villain gonna call on the river? Throw out the possibility he has QQ from the discussion, because you are going bust regardless in that spot. He probably puts you on a made flush when you check-turn, push-river. So why make a bet that he knows he cant call. Instead make a completely undersized value bet that he cant refuse to fold to.

Note: I think you got unlucky both by the board pairing the turn and the flush card hitting the river. Both gave your opponent a reason to fold.

rivhawk02
05-03-2007, 09:14 PM
I might be tempted to check behind on the turn but after rethinking there are just so may scare cards that would dissuade villain from putting more money in on the river. I would make a 1/2 psb on turn to:
1. make him pay for his flush draw on the turn in case it didn't hit on the river.
2. keep him in the hand and make him pay for it just in case he likes his hand (AA,KK,AQ, possibly JJ)before any other scare cards(flush, straight) hit.

wildzer0
05-03-2007, 09:38 PM
After villain calls on the flop, it's unlikely he's laying his hand down to a turn push. There are a lot of cards that could come on the river that could potentially scare him off though.

JROK777
05-03-2007, 09:59 PM
On the flop I was repping a big hand/or a spade flush draw. I thought villian might push AI with an overpair. I thought checking turn would get all the $ in on the river. I was unlucky that a spade hit. I agree that as played I should have made a 1/2 pot bet on the river. I think pushing the turn might have been the best play. Villian seems to like his hand, I think he would have stacked off here. I guess my line might be better against a solid player, who could throw away an overpair to a turn push.

limit refugee
05-03-2007, 10:22 PM
I like roping him in with 20 on the turn...1/2 the deck will scare him on the river. He min-raised, thats all i need to donklabel him...get him pot commited. Hell, i'd probably c/r shove turn over a bet like that and hate myself in the morning.

tannenj
05-03-2007, 11:54 PM
i think it's played fine. i tend to shove the turn, but i don't hate checking.

KLJ
05-04-2007, 02:50 AM
checking the turn is bad because he's drawing a fairly significant % of the time. also, the turn doesn't change anything in his eyes. bet the turn smallish.

Dastone
05-04-2007, 08:11 AM
Bet half your stack on the turn, then the rest on the river.