PDA

View Full Version : Sizing Preflop Reraises

AAmucked
05-03-2007, 01:57 PM
Is it standard to auto-hit the pot button preflop when you reraise? I've been doing this but I notice sometimes at the higher levels some people don't do this and size their bets differently. I feel like I'm raising a bit too much preflop when there is one limper/button raiser and I'm raising light either from the SB or the button. Do you guys just auto-hit the pot reraise or do you take another route?

Thanks.

zman31
05-03-2007, 02:05 PM
I think the standard thinking around here is 4xbb + 1bb per limper is the raise. So at 25nl, the raise is to $1 if first in the pot and + $.25 for each limper in the pot before you.

mrw8419
05-03-2007, 02:25 PM
I use pot sized raises and reraises except for SB and BB raises and reraises where I will tack on an extra BB or two to make up for my positional disadvantage. My 4 bets tend not to be for full pot sized raises either unless villain is a big donk that will call a larger sized raise.

mikechops
05-03-2007, 02:27 PM
I pot if I have position on the initial raiser. From the blinds, I'll add a bb or 2 extra against one raiser because I'd really rather take it down pre-flop. Against a raiser and a caller I think pot works fine. It's enough of a bump to make em think about calling.