PDA

View Full Version : 50NL Queens facing resistance on draw heavy board...

Veron
05-03-2007, 01:19 PM
Villain is 45/25 over 70 hands.
He seems to be playing pretty decent postFlop. We haven't clashed thus far and I don't know if he's capable of pushing with draws etc.

UTG came back after sitting out and posted UTG (?)

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em, $0.50 BB (4 handed) Hand History Converter Tool (http://poker-tools.flopturnriver.com/Hand-Converter.php) from FlopTurnRiver.com (http://www.flopturnriver.com) (Format: 2+2 Forums)

BB ($52.20)
UTG ($46.50)
Button ($78.75)
Hero ($57.40)

Preflop: Hero is SB with Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif, Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
UTG checks, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $2.5</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG calls $2.

Flop: ($5.50) T/images/graemlins/spade.gif, J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, J/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $4.5</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG raises to $9</font>, Hero ??

What's your plan if you're going to continue in the hand?

Veron
05-03-2007, 08:37 PM
bump

NSchandler
05-03-2007, 08:48 PM
I'm not sure, this is tough.

Folding seems too weak, raising only gets called by better hands. So I suppose call?

The problem with calling is that villain is going to follow-up with a turn bet 90% of the time here, so calling with the intention of folding to a turn bet seems to kind of suck too.

I think you call the min-raise, call a reasonable bet on the turn (unless an A or K falls), and fold to any further betting. This seems really weak, and there are probably better lines, but I'm not sure what else you can do.

As a bit of a side note, it's a shame that hands like these (which seem to be pretty difficult) seem to get few responses because nobody seems to want to tackle hard problems.

wildzer0
05-03-2007, 09:43 PM
I don't know if it's optimal, but my typical line in this situation is to call the flop raise, call a turn bet unimproved and fold to a decent river bet. I would definitely be interested in hearing more input on this.

doppelganger
05-03-2007, 09:50 PM
Based on your read I think this needs to be a fold. His stats indicate that he's not very studied at the game, but as you said he seems competent postflop.

A competent player who min-raises a PF raiser is most likely holding a pretty big hand. Without a more specific read I think it's a fold right here.

JROK777
05-03-2007, 10:09 PM
What about c/calling on the flop and take it from there?

Veron
05-04-2007, 02:03 PM
It's a tough one indeed.

I called the flop minraise. And villain bet 3/4Pot on a total blank when I checked to him on the turn.

So you guys like calling and folding to a substantial river bet?

@JROK, I dunno about checking the flop with the intention of calling (you might be a bit result oriented with that idea?) The board is very draw heavy. On the other hand, this guy seems very aggro so he might bet his draws anyway...

I'm looking forward to more input!

EMc
05-04-2007, 02:04 PM
Honestly, Im dumping this here.

Reverse implied odds. You will not win a lot when you are ahead and will stand to lose more when you are behind.

Veron
05-04-2007, 03:03 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Honestly, Im dumping this here.

Reverse implied odds. You will not win a lot when you are ahead and will stand to lose more when you are behind.

[/ QUOTE ]

I dumped on the turn after he bet 3/4 Pot.

Did you mean to fold after the flop min-raise or after the turn bet?

Edit: typo
Veron