PDA

View Full Version : NL25 AK flops full house - Extraction

PoliticalRefugee
05-03-2007, 10:16 AM
OK I think I'm really bad a extracting in these situations. Basically I think I should maybe rereraise preflop and fold to a push.

But as played I don't know. My reasoning is: If he has the last K he's going all in no matter how I play. He doesn't have an A or K then it's going to be hard to bet into him. Again if he has an A then he'll probably get involved maybe even prepared to get it all in the middle.

Here I just let him bet into me without raising as his bet sizing is so small that he can't possibly have a decent hand, I just don't see how I can get more out of him as I know if I raise then he folds.

Full Tilt No-Limit Hold'em, $0.25 BB (6 handed) Hand History Converter Tool (http://poker-tools.flopturnriver.com/Hand-Converter.php) from FlopTurnRiver.com (http://www.flopturnriver.com) (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Button ($22.60)
SB ($12.35)
BB ($37.05)
Hero ($25.75)
MP ($26.05)
CO ($9.35)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with A/images/graemlins/club.gif, K/images/graemlins/club.gif.
<font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $1</font>, <font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises to $2</font>, Hero calls $0.75.

Flop: ($3.85) A/images/graemlins/spade.gif, K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, K/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets $1.75</font>, Hero calls $1.75.

Turn: ($7.35) 6/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets $2.75</font>, Hero calls $2.75.

River: ($12.85) 2/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets $3.25</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $19.5 (All-In)</font>, BB folds.

Final Pot: $35.60

mrw8419
05-03-2007, 10:34 AM
Pf I don't mind RR or flat call in position.

Raise turn to 8-10 so villain feels pot commited on river.

Dastone
05-03-2007, 10:43 AM
Honestly I really don't know how you are going to get the most out of these hands. Calling the flop, and waiting to raise the turn screams monster. So does you're line. I think the only way to get a villains whole stack is to raise the flop, and hope he has enough or is willing to get out of line.

I don't think that these types of hands should be your focus though. I think you played it well, but you shouldn't expect to get someones whole stack very often when you cripple the deck like this. Playing the way you did and getting some of his stack little by little is fine. Don't be dissappointed when he goes away once you wake up on him.

This may even be one of those times when you throw in a min raise at some point, since you really do want a call. It's really a judgement call which street is right to do it on.

bozzer
05-03-2007, 10:46 AM
smallish raise (to $6) on the turn gets a call and more money on the river.

Waingro
05-03-2007, 10:54 AM
You did pretty well, and if you go for the stack he sometimes folds. That said, I think your best bet would be to raise the the flop since it obviously would be retarded to raise Ak here, he might get suspicious with Ax. You obviously feel like an idiot when villain insta-folds. But that would be the best way to make villain overvalue his hand.

PoliticalRefugee
05-03-2007, 11:21 AM
Well I've been playing a fair bit recently and played two hours this morning where there was no place to get out of line and no interesting pots emerged so I thought I'd see how it was recommended playing this.

Cheers all