PDA

View Full Version : 25NL: Overbets, what to do?

Let_it_rain
05-03-2007, 07:53 AM
Just wanted some advice(critical) on all streets. On both of these guys I had no stats, but for my session I was playing 22.6/16.3.

Cryptologic
No Limit Holdem Ring game
Blinds: $0.15/$0.25
5 players
Converter

Pre-flop: (5 players) Hero is UTG with 9d Td
Hero raises to $1.25, CO calls, Button folds, SB calls, BB folds.

Flop: 2s Jd 7d ($4, 3 players)
SB checks, Hero bets $3.5, CO calls, SB folds.

Turn: Ad ($11, 2 players)
Hero bets $6.5, CO raises all-in $59.55, Hero calls.

River: 5s ($130.1, 1 player + 1 all-in - Main pot: $130.1)

Results:
Final pot: $130.1

Cryptologic
No Limit Holdem Ring game
Blinds: $0.15/$0.25
5 players
Converter

Pre-flop: (5 players) Hero is SB with Jc Ac
UTG folds, CO raises to $0.5, Button folds, Hero calls, BB calls.

Flop: Js 8h 7c ($1.5, 3 players)
Hero checks, BB checks, CO bets $1, Hero raises to $3, BB folds, CO calls.

Turn: 2h ($7.5, 2 players)
Hero bets $4.5, CO raises to $18, Hero calls.

River: 6h ($43.5, 2 players)
Hero is all-in $6.35, CO calls.

Results:
Final pot: $56.2

Debaser
05-03-2007, 08:13 AM
On the first hand the only reasonable hand that beats you is K /images/graemlins/diamond.gif Q /images/graemlins/diamond.gif. That doesn't mean he won't show up with something stupid like Q /images/graemlins/diamond.gif 2 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif but in a raised pot I'm stacking off here all day.

Hand 2 is a clear fold on the turn unless he is a complete donkey. You might see KJ or QJ here sometimes but his range has you crushed.

Genz
05-03-2007, 08:16 AM
Hand 1:
I don't raise this preflop from UTG. Position is key when you are playing speculative hands.
Turn is standard. He will have all kinds of holdings here. Sets, twopairs, maybe even AK,AQ. If he has the bigger flush, that's a bummer. You can't let this go. You are playing this hand to get it AI with a flush. So follow your plan. And since there are so many hands that people push like crazy, you have no reason not to do it.

Hand 2:
Reraise preflop or fold. You don't want to give BB great odds to call (5:1) and play your hand oop against 2 opponents. You reraise and hope the hand ends right there.
Raise more on the flop if you c/r. Make it 4.
Hm. Turn is a little ugly. This is quite a strong raise after your reraise on the flop. Usually TP isn't good in a spot like that. Well, against a range of AJ,KJ,QJ,JT,AA,KK,QQ,88,77,99,T9,J9,98s,T8s, you are in a coinflip. But I think that range is a little on the optimistic side, because it implies that villain will play a top or middle pair with a gutshot draw quite aggressively. I think it's more realistic that he won't play gutshotdraws with a pair or something like that very aggressively and think that a range of AJ,KJ,AA,KK,QQ,TT,88,77,22,J8s,J7s,87 is more likely. And you are only 33% against that. Getting 30:13.5, this is a very thin call. I fold the turn.

Let_it_rain
05-03-2007, 09:34 AM
With hand 2 minraise got me curious and no flop shove led to my turn decision, as i thought i could rule out any over pockets/some sets, some would try and get it in on flop and some like to smooth call and massive raise turn (with set). Does this change the decision at all?

mrw8419
05-03-2007, 10:25 AM
Hand 1 easy get it in, I don't mind pf but I'm a little laggy. I think 9T is a big enough SC to raise with.

Hand 2 is a muck on the turn. You should reraise pf, and lead flop. Also your c/r is too small

HBomb
05-03-2007, 10:33 AM
Sick pot in hand 1, not everyday you get one of those...

payday
05-03-2007, 11:43 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Hand 1:
I don't raise this preflop from UTG. Position is key when you are playing speculative hands.
Turn is standard. He will have all kinds of holdings here. Sets, twopairs, maybe even AK,AQ. If he has the bigger flush, that's a bummer. You can't let this go. You are playing this hand to get it AI with a flush. So follow your plan. And since there are so many hands that people push like crazy, you have no reason not to do it.

Hand 2:
Reraise preflop or fold. You don't want to give BB great odds to call (5:1) and play your hand oop against 2 opponents. You reraise and hope the hand ends right there.
Raise more on the flop if you c/r. Make it 4.
Hm. Turn is a little ugly. This is quite a strong raise after your reraise on the flop. Usually TP isn't good in a spot like that. Well, against a range of AJ,KJ,QJ,JT,AA,KK,QQ,88,77,99,T9,J9,98s,T8s, you are in a coinflip. But I think that range is a little on the optimistic side, because it implies that villain will play a top or middle pair with a gutshot draw quite aggressively. I think it's more realistic that he won't play gutshotdraws with a pair or something like that very aggressively and think that a range of AJ,KJ,AA,KK,QQ,TT,88,77,22,J8s,J7s,87 is more likely. And you are only 33% against that. Getting 30:13.5, this is a very thin call. I fold the turn.

[/ QUOTE ]

Nice post.

Is anyone NOT going broke in hand 1?

Let_it_rain
05-03-2007, 11:57 AM
Well I agree with what you guys had to say, this is how it turned out:
Hand 1==> CO flips KdQd (drawing live for the 8d)
Hand 2==> CO flips KTo (not played well by me, played worse by him)