PDA

View Full Version : NL25 - 87s - second pair on the draw flop vs 4 opp.

Maksim
05-03-2007, 07:06 AM
The table is not too tight and not too loose.
But UTG is a great person - 69\4\5

How do you like raisiing PRFL.
What is your point of view about my flop bet vs 4 opponents on that heavy draw flop. May be if I am going to bet it - better to bet the whole pot - $6.25?

Party Poker - No Limit Hold'em Cash Game - $0.10/$0.25 Blinds - 6 Players - (LegoPoker HH Converter (http://www.legopoker.com/hh))

SB: $23.75
BB: $8
UTG: $57.95
<font color="black">Hero (MP): $34</font>
CO: $15
BTN: $26.50

<font color="black">Preflop:</font> Hero is dealt 8/images/graemlins/spade.gif 7/images/graemlins/spade.gif (6 Players)
UTG calls $0.25, <font color="red">Hero raises to $1.50</font>, 2 folds, SB calls $1.40, BB calls $1.25, UTG calls $1.25

<font color="black">Flop:</font> ($6.25) 7/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 5/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 9/images/graemlins/club.gif (4 Players)
SB checks, BB checks, UTG checks, <font color="red">Hero bets $4</font>, 2 folds, UTG calls $4

<font color="black">Turn:</font> ($14.25) 7/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 5/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 9/images/graemlins/club.gif K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif (2 Players)
UTG checks, Hero checks

<font color="black">River:</font> ($14.25) 7/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 5/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 9/images/graemlins/club.gif K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 2/images/graemlins/diamond.gif (2 Players)
<font color="red">UTG bets $10</font>, Hero folds

Pot Size: $24.25

crushednuts
05-03-2007, 07:09 AM
alot of times i will just smooth call PF w/ the 87. The guy probably isn't going anywhere and 87s is a nice speculative hand and he is a station who is likely to pay you off if you flop big but won't fold to a c-bet if you miss. I like to keep the pot small and get some multiway action going here. On the flop, I think you have to take free turn card. That bet won't succeed very often and will get raise a significant portion of the time as everyone expects you to bet.

Maksim
05-03-2007, 02:44 PM
[ QUOTE ]
alot of times i will just smooth call PF w/ the 87. The guy probably isn't going anywhere and 87s is a nice speculative hand and he is a station who is likely to pay you off if you flop big but won't fold to a c-bet if you miss. I like to keep the pot small and get some multiway action going here. On the flop, I think you have to take free turn card. That bet won't succeed very often and will get raise a significant portion of the time as everyone expects you to bet.

[/ QUOTE ]

Would you raise it PRFL after TAG? Or call it from MP too?