PDA

View Full Version : Dealing with a downswing on a small bankroll

MrWooster
05-02-2007, 11:31 AM
Hi,

I started with a $50 bankroll about 4 months ago and have been building it up gradually (but only playing a few hours a week). I got up to about $100 before my downswing started (playing 6NL on stars) and am now down to $40. I don't think that I am playing bad poker and I am not tilting - I have come to terms with accepting that AA beats KK and flopped trips beats AA... but here is my problem:

I am nearing the end of my bankroll and I don't really want to have to reaload - is there any way I can adjust my game to slow down a downswing - I am thinking of playing much tighter, i.e. only playing 9Ts-AKs and PPs, c-betting less and avoiding high variance calls.

Is this a good attitude to take, and does it have to potential to save my BR assuming the downswing does not stop?

Thanks for any advice

Guy

(PS: If you see someone feeding the fish with $$$ at stars with good hands - its probably me /images/graemlins/grin.gif)

Grunch
05-02-2007, 11:35 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I don't think that I am playing bad poker and I am not tilting

[/ QUOTE ]

Bad players never do.

Two pieces of advice. Learn what bankroll management is about, and post hands.

bozzer
05-02-2007, 11:39 AM
drop a level to 1/2c, buy in for $2, or more if you feel comfortable with the deeper stack.

MrWooster
05-02-2007, 01:59 PM
I have been posting hands where I think appropriate, I know what BR management is about, but when you are starting to build a roll, you do not always have the 20, 30 or 40 buyins which give you a nice buffer for when you run bad.

My question is - will playing tighter and less aggressively have the potential to slow minimise the damage of a downswing with a limited BR?

Thanks again

Guy