PDA

View Full Version : NL ($.50) 88 Confused

Suaimhnea
05-02-2007, 10:43 AM
I just moved up to NL ($.50) recently. I have no reads on my opponent; this is within the first two rounds of play.

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.50 BB (6 handed) Hand History Converter Tool (http://poker-tools.flopturnriver.com/Hand-Converter.php) from FlopTurnRiver.com (http://www.flopturnriver.com) (Format: 2+2 Forums)

BB ($50.40)
UTG ($61)
MP ($29.45)
CO ($90.05)
Hero ($54.95)
SB ($56.55)

Preflop: Hero is Button with 8/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 8/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises to $2</font>, Hero calls $2, SB calls $1.75, BB calls $1.50.

Flop: ($8) Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 7/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 7/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, CO checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $6</font>, SB folds, BB folds, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises to $12</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero ???

Thoughts on my flop line is appreciated. Should I even bet here? How about when he raises?

Tito
05-02-2007, 10:47 AM
Without a read I would probably fold. A lot of players will minraise like this when they are on a draw hoping that you will check the turn and they can check behind for a free card. It's possible he could have AQ, KQ, QJ, AA, KK, or AK suited of spades. You don't have hardly any equity against those hands. You tried to take it down on the flop and he's not having it so I would just fold.

Skleice
05-02-2007, 10:49 AM
Normally, I would play this more aggressively, but since you haven't seen anything from this player, I use caution. I would check this over to him and just see what he does. His bet size might give you info or he may check. Just because you check, it doesn't mean you quit....

I don't like getting involved with big pots with one pair...especially against an unknown. I've had times like this when I tried to push back, only to find that I'm reraising a ultra tight nit with a monster.

JadeRedstone
05-02-2007, 10:56 AM
Pf raiser check / reraise I'm out of here!

He hit his set of Q's most likely..

Quester
05-02-2007, 11:00 AM
I think your play is fine if you folded. When checked to on the flop, I'm always betting here. Maybe that's a leak, but I don't think so. Your bet size is perfect too. When we're min-raised, the fold is a must as we don't beat much. Villain's play screams flopped fullhouse.

Suaimhnea
05-02-2007, 06:27 PM
That's basically what I'm after here: whether or not this is a leak by betting the flop.

I folded.