View Full Version : SWEET A SIX... but it's a spade and wtf villain leads

Fiksdal
05-02-2007, 09:30 AM
Villain is 42/17/2.57 over 75 hands...

Full Tilt Poker
No Limit Holdem Ring game
Blinds: $0.05/$0.10
6 players
Converter (http://www.neildewhurst.com/hand-converter)

Stack sizes:
UTG: $2.60
Hero: $13.90
CO: $9.35
Button: $9.55
SB: $12.10
BB: $10

Pre-flop: (6 players) Hero is UTG+1 with 6/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 6/images/graemlins/heart.gif
UTG folds, <font color="#cc0000">Hero raises to $0.4</font>, 2 folds, SB calls, BB folds.

Flop: Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif 4/images/graemlins/heart.gif T/images/graemlins/spade.gif ($0.9, 2 players)
SB checks, <font color="#cc0000">Hero bets $0.85</font>, SB calls.

Turn: 6/images/graemlins/spade.gif ($2.6, 2 players)
<font color="#cc0000">SB bets $2.6</font>

Line suggestions?

Peter Harris
05-02-2007, 10:31 AM
call turn, fold to donk on 4fl river, raise if boat up, value bet if checked to, call river if potted again and no /images/graemlins/spade.gif

EDIT: another option at these limits is raise/folding a non /images/graemlins/spade.gif river as 2 pair hands are plentiful.

GtrHtr
05-02-2007, 10:35 AM
FWIW, I don't cbet this flop 100% of the time, I'm assuming with those stats his fold to cbet % is pretty low.

One thing you can think about, unless the river is another spade, you can expect the river to go c/c more often than you'd think. I'd call the turn and check behind or fold the river.

CazicT
05-02-2007, 10:56 AM
Villain is aggressive, but he also plays alot of hands which means he is probably suited more often than your average player.

I think i'd call here and see what happens.

If the board pairs we shoud bet quite aggressively, probably all-in.

If a non-spade comes we should bet 1/2 pot if checked to. If bet into, then maybe just call, unless you think he would bet his medium strength hands in this situation.

If a spade comes, then I might check if checked to, or call a bet if it isn't huge.

The best card for the river... 4 /images/graemlins/spade.gif /images/graemlins/smile.gif

resboard
05-02-2007, 11:10 AM
In this situation, if he does have the flush, you will probably stack him if you complete the boat. I agree will calling the turn and evaluate the river.