PDA

View Full Version : TPTK + NFD on turn.. but passive villain leads

Fiksdal
05-02-2007, 08:22 AM
Villain is 70/7/0.68 over 60 hands.. which is what worries me.

Full Tilt Poker
No Limit Hold'em Cash Game
$0.05/$0.10 Blinds
5 Players
LegoPoker HH Converter (http://www.legopoker.com/hh/)

SB: $14.80
BB: $11.50
UTG: $31.20
<font color="black">Hero (CO): $12.15</font>
BTN: $14.60

<font color="black">Preflop:</font> Hero is dealt K/images/graemlins/spade.gif Ahttp://legopoker.com/hh/images/diamond.gif (5 Players)
UTG calls $0.10, <font color="red">Hero raises to $0.50</font>, 2 folds, BB calls $0.40, UTG calls $0.40

<font color="black">Flop:</font> ($1.55) A/images/graemlins/spade.gif 2http://legopoker.com/hh/images/club.gif Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif (3 Players)
BB checks, UTG checks, <font color="red">Hero bets $1.35</font>, BB folds, UTG calls $1.35

<font color="black">Turn:</font> ($4.25) 3/images/graemlins/spade.gif (2 Players)
<font color="red">UTG bets $4.25</font>

From the flop on I was real happy to have villain with me in this one, because he was a great calling station. But when he actually bet himself, it scared the [censored] out of me.

What to do here?

juggler97531
05-02-2007, 08:28 AM
i call and reevalute river.
he seems like he likes his hand so if you catch your flush he will pay you off(from def. of calling station).
also even passive donks sometimes try to make a move so you may already be ahead. He can even have Ace with weaker flush draw here.
i just like this hand too much to fold it.

if i call and he pots the blank river i will fold.
if i call and he checks blank river i bet for value.

Fiksdal
05-02-2007, 08:41 AM
Do you realize how big the pot will be? And how little will be left in our stack? With the pot odds it will be very tempting to call if villain pushes the river on a blank card.

Dastone
05-02-2007, 08:46 AM
If you're calling river then you should be pushing the turn. I don't think that's the right play here, so despite liking my hand I'm gonna fold(as long as I'm not in a gambling mood /images/graemlins/tongue.gif).

juggler97531
05-02-2007, 08:46 AM
the pot will be like 12, and we will have like 7 behind
i can fold it.

Edit: but the more i think about it the more i hate it... :/

munkey
05-02-2007, 08:51 AM
I think I have to call here, raising is probably going to only get called by hands that beat us and folding I can't really do vs this villan - though I dont mind folding here -so I gotta call.

River I may shove, call/fold depending on what it is and villan's bet size but I'm aiming for cheap showdown non-spade unless I think he's weak and has AJ-.

Quester
05-02-2007, 11:17 AM
The problem I have calling here is that it commits us. After the call there will be 12.75 in the pot and we will have 6.05 behind. If villain gets it in on the river, we're getting better than 3:1 on our money. I think we have to call any river card if we're calling the turn.

One option is to jam right here, maybe he's afraid enough with the K/images/graemlins/spade.gif missing (and luckily, in our hand).

I'll admit, I'm torn. Our 3 options:
1. Fold
2. Call turn, call or check behind river
3. Push

I think in the heat of battle I push.

Grunch
05-02-2007, 11:42 AM
Push. He doesn't have a made flush all the time, and those times he does you have a redraw.