PDA

View Full Version : $25 easy fold, or is it?

bozzer
05-02-2007, 07:19 AM
Poker Stars - No Limit Hold'em Cash Game - $0.10/$0.25 Blinds - 6 Players - (LegoPoker HH Converter (http://www.legopoker.com/hh/))

<font color="black">Reads: </font>villain 51/22/1.5 wtsd 32, w$sd 33. 80 hands.

$25 eff stacks.

<font color="black">Preflop:</font> Hero is dealt A/images/graemlins/spade.gif T/images/graemlins/club.gif (6 Players)
UTG calls $0.25, <font color="red">Hero raises to $1.20</font>, 2 folds, SB calls $1.10, 2 folds
Uncalled bet of $0 returned to SB

<font color="black">Flop:</font> ($2.90) 4/images/graemlins/club.gif T/images/graemlins/heart.gif 3/images/graemlins/heart.gif (2 Players)
<font color="red">SB bets $1.75</font>, <font color="red">Hero raises to $8</font>, <font color="red">SB raises to $14.25</font>, Hero folds

Pot Size: $25.15 ($0.90 Rake)

this might seem like a fairly standard fold, right? but by my calculations, if we assume if i continue that all the money will be going in, i'm getting pot odds of 30%. (i have $15 behind / $50). against this sort of player (could do this with flush or straight draws as well as combos), i reckon that's not bad.

what do you think? i don't expect specific answers to this, cos villain's range is very variable, but i want to get an idea of whether you'd consider shoving over the top here.

juggler97531
05-02-2007, 07:24 AM
i like more to call this flop and wait for safe turn to raise. our hand is vurnelable and i don't like to play for stacks here even against this villain.

Stan Loh
05-02-2007, 07:26 AM
Why the flop raise so big? I would have personally done about $5 then he'll re-raise to about somewhere around 10, I would then call and re-evaluate the turn since I have position. If he bets strong on turn, I probaly fold.

bozzer
05-02-2007, 11:42 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Why the flop raise so big? I would have personally done about $5

[/ QUOTE ]

Pot size raise innit?

Grunch
05-02-2007, 11:47 AM
This is not a bad fold, but I push. The board is coordinated, and there just aren't a lot of hands he could have here that you are behind yet. If the 3 &amp; 4 were higher, like 7 &amp; 8, then I'd fold more often.

By the way, w@sd &amp; wtsd are meaningless over 80 hands, or even many thousands of hands. These stats converve veeeeeery slooooooooowly.

Grunch
05-02-2007, 11:50 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Why the flop raise so big? I would have personally done about $5

[/ QUOTE ]

Raising to 5 would be absolutely terrible. It looks weak for one thing and will get a lot of bluffs, to which you will often have to incorrectly fold. But more importantly, there is not one single hand that would not be correct to call your raise. Even a bluff with just 2 live cards would be correct to call.

The OP's raise was OK. It was slightly smaller than a PSR. OK as in so-so, not OK as in good. On a board this coordinated, it's more important to make the raises close to pot, in order to make it incorrect for a drawing opponent to call.

bozzer
05-02-2007, 12:51 PM
how do you feel about the call and shove blank turn option grunch?

i've read somewhere that wtsd converges moderately quickly - I'll check it out on my own stats next time i play.

Grunch
05-02-2007, 01:24 PM
[ QUOTE ]
how do you feel about the call and shove blank turn option grunch?

[/ QUOTE ]

Against an aggressive opponent who you know will be pushing hard with draws I guess it's not terrible, but in general I don't like it because it turns your hand in to a bluff. Pushing the turn will just get draws and hands like JT to fold, and pretty much the only hands that call you have you crushed.