PDA

View Full Version : OOP Overpair on paired board with lots of action

Stan Loh
05-02-2007, 07:18 AM
No reads on either players, new table.

Full Tilt Poker No-Limit Hold'em, $0.25 BB (6 handed) Hand History converter (http://www.learnhowtoplaypokerfree.com/convert/convert.cgi) Courtesy of PokerZion.com (http://PokerZion.com)

MP ($33.20)
CO ($28.15)
Button ($20.50)
SB ($4.50)
BB ($15.95)
Hero ($21.35)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with Q/images/graemlins/club.gif, Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
<font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $0.85</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, Button calls $0.85, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, BB calls $0.60.

Flop: ($2.65) 3/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 3/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 7/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $1.75</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises to $3.5</font>, BB calls $3.50, Hero ?

What should I do here? I am facing a very sneaky min raise plus more action after that. Could somebody be holding 77 or got in with some sort of 3? If I re-raise here to say about 8 I feel like I'm very committed already and would have to call down value bets all the way, being out of position. Is it okay to fold here?

bozzer
05-02-2007, 07:49 AM
raise more preflop.

you could definitely have both players beat so i don't think i can fold. in fact since it's such a small raise and it's 2 flush board, you could put in a decent 3 bet to $12 or something. if you get called the pot will be ~$36, so yeh then you would have to shove the turn. you will take it down fairly often if you RR, but possibly not enough to justify the raise.

check-calling is also an option, especially since BT looks like he doesn't bet size very well. if you did call the flop, I would call turn and river bets unless he pots it twice probably. you'll have to fold to significant action from BB if the /images/graemlins/heart.gif comes.

a bit of a tricky spot though, and i'm not really sure what to recommend.

juggler97531
05-02-2007, 08:01 AM
without reads i reraise the flop to like 12$ and shove turn.
We are not going to call any value bets, but are going to make them ourselves.
There's like 1% chance we are behind on this flop.
Button will make this raise with any 7, overpair or flushdraw. BB calling range is quite similiar. Get the value from them. you are way ahead of their range.

Dastone
05-02-2007, 08:09 AM
I think preflop is fine. It's a pot size raise, and 4x will likely get the same result. I can't see making it 5x or more unless he was constantly getting called in 3+ spots at the table.

I make it ten more on the flop, and the push turn. Unless both players call, and a heart comes.

If you're gonna play this hand to showdown you're likely gonna end up getting it all in. Or close to it based on everyone involved's stack size. The only way I could see not losing your stack when beat is if you just call, and then bet about 7.00 on the turn then fold. Although I really just feel that you have to get it in on this board.

Genz
05-02-2007, 08:22 AM
Rebuy before the hand, raise more preflop, push flop. These minraises are draws or hands of medium strength most of the time. A set/fh will minraise you on the turn...

Dastone
05-02-2007, 08:28 AM
Can someone give me a number for a more sized raise preflop? I just don't see the big deal here.

bozzer
05-02-2007, 08:55 AM
I prefer $1. 85c is just 10c more than 75c wch is weak sauce! it's fine really, i mentioned it because OP seems to bet a bit small for cash games in general (based on other posts).

Dastone
05-02-2007, 09:13 AM
I guess I can see it. A dollar actually does look kinda big at these stakes.

I've noticed it myself when I'm playing, and a person raises to a dollar pf instead of &lt;. It actually draws my attention to that player, and makes me want study them. Since they more often seem to be TAG's.

Lordy
05-02-2007, 09:23 AM
BB's cold-call looks like a draw or misplayed trips.

I'm not really comfortable getting it in on that flop 3-way. I probably call, and lead any safe turn. c/f on a /images/graemlins/heart.gif turn, and probably an A turn too.

Genz
05-02-2007, 09:23 AM
4xBB+1BB per limper is considered standard here. So it's no big deal. It doesn't give the BB too appealing odds, people call big bets with weak hands on these limits and it looks strong. There is an article in the sticky about the size of the preflop raises.