PDA

View Full Version : 50NL - gah this hand is confusing

chumofchance
05-02-2007, 05:58 AM
I haven't been at the table for all that long, but so far villain is running something like 40/5/0.5 and seems pretty goofy. He's done very little preflop raising, although he recently took down the blinds with a minraise from MP, and he showed 74s. What do you think of my play?

Full Tilt Poker - No Limit Hold'em Cash Game - $0.25/$0.50 Blinds - 6 Players - (LegoPoker HH Converter (http://www.legopoker.com/hh/))

SB: $61.85
<u>Hero (BB): $52.25</u>
UTG: $57.50
MP: $50.45
<u>CO: $54.60</u>
BTN: $71.80

<font color="black">Preflop:</font> Hero is dealt K/images/graemlins/spade.gif Qhttp://legopoker.com/hh/images/club.gif (6 Players)
2 folds, <font color="red">CO raises to $1.75</font>, 2 folds, Hero calls $1.25

<font color="blue">I think this is the first time he's potted it preflop since I've been at the table (20-25 hands) </font>

<font color="black">Flop:</font> ($3.75) Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif 6http://legopoker.com/hh/images/club.gif 2/images/graemlins/spade.gif (2 Players)
Hero checks, CO checks

<font color="blue">Lead the flop? I find that I very rarely lead in the PRF... I expected to check/call a cbet </font>

<font color="black">Turn:</font> ($3.75) 8http://legopoker.com/hh/images/club.gif (2 Players)
<font color="red">Hero bets $3</font>, CO calls $3

<font color="blue">Is this an okay spot to value-bet? If so, what range do you put him on? What hands am I extracting value from? </font>

<font color="black">River:</font> ($9.75) K/images/graemlins/heart.gif (2 Players)
Hero checks, <font color="red">CO bets $7</font>, <font color="red">Hero raises to $25</font>, <font color="red">CO raises to $43</font>, <font color="red">Hero ??? </font>

A few hands previously villain had potted the river when checked to. So I checked here, hoping to induce a bluff. He bets just like I want him to, I check/raise... and he shoves???

Thoughts? This hand confuses the hell out of me.

juggler97531
05-02-2007, 06:12 AM
pre) fold preflop 40/5/0.5 guy is raising. KQo is not worth it. I just let it go.

f) i bet fold this flop. He is so passive he will calldown with JJ, but rather raise anything better
t) play it the same. i fold to a raise tho
r) if you induce a bluff you call. bluf doesn't call a raise.

i feel pretty confused(the same as you) about what to do in all postflop streets. it is your pf call than puts you in a hard spot. avoid it.

Sciencekid
05-02-2007, 06:14 AM
i think against a villain as passive as that on this flop you have to lead. the flop texture is pretty dry. as played i like the turn value bet. since you didnt bet the flop you have to find out if your hand is good here. as per the river. i dnt mind stacking off with top two against a player who could quite easily have aq or a weaker q. you are near enough priced into to call.

fatman20
05-02-2007, 07:39 AM
Am I the only one that likes the flop and turn here? I find that if I am not the pfr that I check call or check raise the flop the majority of the time.

I think that I either bet out on the river and call a raise but I'm not sure about the check raise. If you are not sure where you are on the river I like to check/call.

Hellmouth
05-02-2007, 07:58 AM
PF: 3-bet or fold. If you just call you are praying to hit and still not sure you have the best hand since villain doesnt raise pf very much. However villain is not aggro so the pf 3bet is perfect here to me.

The flop and turn play are fine, although if you 3bet and are called pf then you are def continuation betting here.

River: as played I am shoving to the reraise. Villain could easily be overplaying AK etc (def in range for the pf raise). Since you have a K and Q I am discounting the KK and QQ sets that villain might have. If he flopped a set with a lower pair then too bad. You have top two pair on a nonscary board. Get it all in.

BTW: This is a betting situation on the river. Don't check raise here. You lose too much value when the idiot checks behind. If I bet and villain raises I am shoving.

Greg