PDA

View Full Version : Camstudio recording question - Sync audio with video?

guitarizt
05-02-2007, 03:34 AM
Whenever I record something the audio is like 1.5 seconds in front of the video. I've heard that I need to use virtual dub to fix this, and while I am tech savvy I'm kind of lost with virtual dub. I tried using it and the file it saves ends up being like 20 gb big and all screwed up. I don't even know if the audio is synced.

I know I saw a thread on here about how to record with camstudio but I can't find it now, and plus the search takes like 15 min to find something.

bozzer
05-02-2007, 06:21 AM
on your 25nl video i didn't hear any audio, but i didn't watch it for long when i didn't hear any commentary. is there commentary?

i don't know the answer to your technical question. i've experienced a small amount of lag with the audio when using camtasia.

tehDiceman
05-02-2007, 10:55 AM
how much ram does your PC have? i dont experience any audio lag while recording a 1280x1024 full size screen.

guitarizt
05-03-2007, 01:03 AM
I've got 512 mb of ram, but maybe I have too much crap running on my computer, lol. Or maybe it's because my compression is too high? Sorry about that last video bozzer, I tried to add commentary later but I couldn't figure out how to do it. I tried like 4 different programs and none of them worked.

I need to find that thread on here that gives directions for recording in camstudio.

tehDiceman
05-03-2007, 01:55 AM
recording audio IN camtasia? simple as pie.

after you select what you want to record, make sure the record audio is checked and hit next. choose your audio device and make sure it says microphone, i also have to pull the input level bar to the max, talk into the mic and make sure you see some green moving around.

after the video i preview my entire vid and adjust the audio volume as necessary. i've found that i'll normally have to raise the volume by 25% like 4-5 times for it to be usable. i have no idea why it is so quiet but your usage may vary. you can also raise or lower volume on specific sections of the vid as well.