PDA

View Full Version : 50NL TPTK rivers trips

Pirelli
05-01-2007, 11:38 PM
No stats on villain but the table is playing loose passive.

SB - $70.45
BB - $99.88
UTG (Hero) - $64.37
CO - $105.20
Button - $47.71

Preflop: Hero is UTG with A/images/graemlins/spade.gif J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif
Hero raises to $2, CO folds, Button folds, SB calls $1.75, BB folds.

Flop: ($4.50) 8/images/graemlins/heart.gif, J/images/graemlins/club.gif, 2/images/graemlins/club.gif
SB checks, Hero bets $3.50, SB calls $3.50.

Turn: ($11.50) 7/images/graemlins/heart.gif
SB checks, Hero bets $10, SB calls $10.

River ($31.50) J/images/graemlins/heart.gif
SB bets $31.50, Hero....

Villain is unknown. After the flop call and turn check I bet because I think a large part of their range is flush draws and worse Js. I plan to fold to a raise at this stage and will check behind on the river. I get called again and improve then am faced with a PSB. My hand looks more like an overpair than a J so this could easily be KJ, QJ or JT for value.

What do you put villain on? Also, thoughts on the turn bet? Most of the time I will check this turn in position for pot control but here I think doing so is missing value because busted draws will fold the river.

nerdking
05-01-2007, 11:47 PM
while unfortunate, against an unknown I fold this river. We've got not one but two draws out on the board. I think we're behind more often then we're ahead here.

Peter Harris
05-01-2007, 11:48 PM
I like the turn bet. you can fold to a huge c/r and get an idea of where villain is at given his play - it looks like a heart draw or weaker pair.

Are you good enough to call the pot bet river? I'm not sure. I think i call there and expect to see trips weak kicker more than the flush, and much more likely than T9 or a boat.

jacbmw
05-01-2007, 11:53 PM
i am going with peter with this. His line is TPGK on flop and turn. I think 70% sure his river bet is for value. You are getting those odds for the call.

MrMysterious
05-01-2007, 11:56 PM
folding this river is criminal imo.

his range is probly a couple of busted club draws, maybe a few sets, and some jacks, and maybe 9T for the straight. snap call getting 2:1, hope it worked out for ya.

on a side, you bet that turn hella heavy, what was the reason?

Pirelli
05-01-2007, 11:59 PM
[ QUOTE ]

his range is probly a couple of busted club draws, maybe a few sets, and some jacks, and maybe 9T for the straight. snap call getting 2:1, hope it worked out for ya.

on a side, you bet that turn hella heavy, what was the reason?

[/ QUOTE ]

Everything that calls a $7 or $8 bet calls this too, so I make more money.

Ricky_Bobby
05-01-2007, 11:59 PM
Seems like this will be a worse jack or missed clubs often enough to call. if he's pushing a 9T for value then he could just as easily be pushing J9, JT, QJ, KJ. Not to mention I expect to get cr's by the straight on the turn.

PSB not pushing, sry.

jonyy6788
05-02-2007, 12:12 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

he smells of a dominated jack or missed clubs...9T, 2pr, and set would have let u know before the river

I nvr fold this and I consider shoving

.xxxx.
05-02-2007, 12:51 AM
what a silly line villain is taking with full/straight here, he's taking the least value route....you're going to atleast value bet if you have the J and he'd rather lead pot instead of C/R'ing you?
easy push, and to explain my reasoning, his line makes no sense especially given the running hearts wouldn't fit your range nor should be scaring you from another value bet so he's optimist at heart and trying to rep God knows what

urubu111
05-02-2007, 01:09 AM
Call and hope beat by his boat. ya, he have a boat here!!

ps: FOLD > PUSH.

.xxxx.
05-02-2007, 02:32 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
lets hear your arguement

Pirelli
05-02-2007, 04:27 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
lets hear your arguement

[/ QUOTE ]

I 2nd this, how do you put him on a boat?