PDA

View Full Version : 50nl: Fludh draw in position

Beck
05-01-2007, 09:57 PM
I had only played a single orbit against villain, so no read unfortunately.

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.50 BB (5 handed) Hand History Converter Tool (http://poker-tools.flopturnriver.com/Hand-Converter.php) from FlopTurnRiver.com (http://www.flopturnriver.com) (Format: 2+2 Forums)

UTG ($49.75)
MP ($66.70)
Hero ($53.90)
SB ($49.40)
BB ($131.75)

Preflop: Hero is Button with 6/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 8/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
UTG calls $0.50, MP calls $0.50, Hero calls $0.50, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, BB checks.

Flop: ($2.25) 3/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif, Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
BB checks, UTG checks, MP checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $2</font>, BB folds, <font color="#CC3333">UTG raises to $6</font>, MP folds, <font color="#CC3333">Hero ????</font>

Is it even correct of me to bet, eventhough I'm button? My chance of taking the pot is very slim against 3 opponents, so I guess my main purpose of betting was to perhaps buy a free card.

When CR'ed and readless, what is general action?

Tito
05-01-2007, 10:01 PM
I think the only way I would bet this flop is if I was the preflop raiser or was drawing to the nuts. You are already on the button and they both checked to you. There is no reason to fight over a limped pot unless you know your opponents will fold. Just take the free card that they are offering on the flop and reevaluate on the river.

ajml
05-01-2007, 10:14 PM
When I play this on the button I am opening it to $2.50. I think with the line taken you have to fold here.

Machavelli
05-01-2007, 10:15 PM
I think this is a raise or fold preflop situation. As played I fold.

Peter Harris
05-01-2007, 10:20 PM
wow, you guys - raising to steal / disguise on the button with 86s

I LIKE. paradigm shift occurring...

that's a sexy sexy play

jacbmw
05-01-2007, 10:37 PM
What flop are you looking to hit? The one you hit is probably the perfect flop for you. Therefore why is it so hard to make a decision on this flop?

I like the following line (assuming i played this hand on th button which would depend on reads etc)

Pre-Raise to $2.50, to isolate.

Flop (hopefully two handed): c-bet to attempt to take pot there and then, if i meet resistance (ie. he raised as was the case) i would then put him on the following hand range:

QJhearts: 10%
QJoff: 15%
KQ: 20%
33: 20%
99: 15%
Straight or Flush Draw: 15%

Given that you could fold out half his range with a 3-bet you have good fold equity, and with the outs for the the Flush draw that will be good if hit approx 85% of the time i like a three bet here.

But this line is dependant on the extra clarity you gained from the preflop raise.

Sykes
05-01-2007, 11:58 PM
why are we raising preflop?

I think calling on the button is fine. If it was just 1 limper I could see raising to isolate, but 2?

I think you should be checking the flop, but call the c/r please.

.xxxx.
05-02-2007, 12:46 AM
[ QUOTE ]
What flop are you looking to hit? The one you hit is probably the perfect flop for you. Therefore why is it so hard to make a decision on this flop?

I like the following line (assuming i played this hand on th button which would depend on reads etc)

Pre-Raise to $2.50, to isolate.

Flop (hopefully two handed): c-bet to attempt to take pot there and then, if i meet resistance (ie. he raised as was the case) i would then put him on the following hand range:

QJhearts: 10%
QJoff: 15%
KQ: 20%
33: 20%
99: 15%
Straight or Flush Draw: 15%

Given that you could fold out half his range with a 3-bet you have good fold equity, and with the outs for the the Flush draw that will be good if hit approx 85% of the time i like a three bet here.

But this line is dependant on the extra clarity you gained from the preflop raise.

[/ QUOTE ]

where can I buy your hand range generator?

all seriousness though, I like raising pf here and don't mind calling here because villain is likely to continue even if a /images/graemlins/heart.gif drops on the turn.

Beck
05-02-2007, 01:49 PM
Why raise preflop?
Yes, I know that gives me the chance of narrowing down to one opponent (and occassionally take the pot down PF), but isn't this a hand I'm happy to play multiway??

0evg0
05-02-2007, 01:55 PM
if i see one more post that says something like "what kind of flop are we looking for" i will seriously vow to put in 10 hours at no tables but those of the person who says it.

RAISE PREFLOP
RAISE PREFLOP
RAISE PREFLOP
RAISE PREFLOP
RAISE PREFLOP

BET FLOP
BET FLOP
BET FLOP
BET FLOP
BET FLOP

Lego05
05-02-2007, 02:22 PM
[ QUOTE ]

RAISE PREFLOP
RAISE PREFLOP
RAISE PREFLOP
RAISE PREFLOP
RAISE PREFLOP

BET FLOP
BET FLOP
BET FLOP
BET FLOP
BET FLOP

[/ QUOTE ]

Pre make it 3.

CazicT
05-02-2007, 02:23 PM
I like the limp PF. You don't mind playing multi-way, it keeps the pot smallish on the flop so you can draw fairly cheaply which is what you will be doing most of this time with suited one gappers.

Raising can be OK, but I say why put more money in when you are coming in with a speculative holding? If your opponents are very weak, then it has alot more merit since you can just run them off their hands after the flop. You can really go either way depending on your style and your opponents' proclivities.

On the flop, I like taking the free card here. You're in position, some of your outs are overcards to the board which can help you make money if you hit with A /images/graemlins/heart.gif and your opponent pairs with an ace for example, and it let's you get a card against someone slowplaying a set... With so many people in the pot, it's less likely they will fold around.

Chomp
05-02-2007, 02:28 PM
I almost always raise here pre.

On flop, you are getting direct odds to draw (in addition to any implied odds of course) if the turn goes c/c, which is likely.

So as played, I call.

Beck
05-02-2007, 02:30 PM
[ QUOTE ]
if i see one more post that says something like "what kind of flop are we looking for" i will seriously vow to put in 10 hours at no tables but those of the person who says it.

[/ QUOTE ]
Eeehhmmm....What???
I didn't ask "what flop am I looking for". I'm fully aware that this is a good flop for me.

But explain why raising PF is the superior play?
Taking control of the pot? Isolating? Hoping to take it down preflop?