PDA

View Full Version : 25NL, quick preflop battle of the blinds problem

Tomke
05-01-2007, 04:32 PM
1. I think my preflop action was wrong. I wasn't really paying attention to BB's stack and made my default raise. What's the correct action here?
2. Given preflop action, what to do on the flop?

Everest Poker 25NL
6 players

Stack sizes:
BUTTON: $16.13
HERO: $24.35
MP: $23.55
BB: $3.65
CO: $33.80
UTG: $28.70

Pre-flop: HERO has (Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif K/images/graemlins/club.gif) (6 players):
3 folds, <font color="#cc0000">HERO raises to $1</font>, BB calls for $0.75

Flop: 9/images/graemlins/club.gif 9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif A/images/graemlins/spade.gif (3 players, $2)
HERO ???

avfletch
05-01-2007, 04:39 PM
I think the pfr is fine. Against such a short stack you want to play hands that hit top pair of which KQ is a prime example.

When you miss a flop like this you need to know a little bit about villain or you may as well flip a coin to decent if you push or check/fold it. If he's seeing flops and giving up then by all means bet out but be aware that he's almost certainly not folding any ace, nine or pocket pair which happens to be the exact subset of hands that beats you whereas he's mucking the rest. On the other hand if you check then you give him a chance to take it away from you with a nothing hand that you beat.

Spanky1974
05-02-2007, 01:44 AM
PF raise is fine. If he's a loose player, I'm betting the flop so that he doesn't get a chance to bluff or outdraw you.