PDA

View Full Version : 10nl FR: Set of Queens raised on river

timtom
05-01-2007, 01:37 PM
Poker Stars - No Limit Hold'em Cash Game - $0.05/$0.10 Blinds - 7 Players - (LegoPoker HH Converter (http://www.legopoker.com/hh/))

SB: $3.30
BB: $7.15
UTG: $9.80
UTG 1: $13
<font color="black">Hero (MP): $16.20</font>
CO: $12.05
BTN: $9.70

<font color="black">Preflop:</font> Hero is dealt Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif (7 Players)
2 folds, <font color="red">Hero raises to $0.30</font>, CO calls $0.30, 2 folds, BB calls $0.20
Uncalled bet of $0 returned to BB

<font color="black">Flop:</font> ($0.95) 7/images/graemlins/heart.gif 4/images/graemlins/club.gif 5/images/graemlins/spade.gif (3 Players)
BB checks, <font color="red">Hero bets $0.50</font>, CO calls $0.50, BB folds

<font color="black">Turn:</font> ($1.95) 7/images/graemlins/heart.gif 4/images/graemlins/club.gif 5/images/graemlins/spade.gif Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif (2 Players)
Hero checks, CO checks

<font color="black">River:</font> ($1.95) 7/images/graemlins/heart.gif 4/images/graemlins/club.gif 5/images/graemlins/spade.gif Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif T/images/graemlins/heart.gif (2 Players)
<font color="red">Hero bets $1.90</font>, <font color="red">CO raises to $4.50</font>

Hero??!!

No solid information on CO! questionable turn action? Any thoughts on probable co holdings?!

orig!naL
05-01-2007, 02:19 PM
I think you have to call here. It looks to me like he is trying to bluff you off your hand or he has hit 2-pair. Regardless you are ahead of so much of his range here. If he has the nuts, so be it - but a call here has to be +ev

Crimsonjade
05-01-2007, 04:00 PM
Why aren't you betting this turn?

I call the river and except to be ahead most of the time. This could be a bluff, 2nd pair, 2 pair and maybe even the backdoor flush.

Genz
05-01-2007, 04:40 PM
Welcome to the forums.

raise more preflop: 4xBB = 0.4
bet closer to the pot on the flop
bet the turn! You want to get your stack in there. So grow a pot.
at least call the river. If he has the runner runner flush, that is your punishment for not betting the turn. If he has flopped a straight, that's a cooler. I usually push here, but I never check this turn but value-bet it so I can discount the runner runner flush a lot. That isn't so easy here.

timtom
05-01-2007, 06:26 PM
Thanks all!

My standard preflop raise had been 3xbb but agreed with the 4x suggestion!
The reason for the small bet on the flop was due to the table playing quite tight combined with long periods of zero cards! wanted value for the strongest hand i'd had in a while! im puttin my opponent on two overcards or a possible straight draw ...but certainly ahead!
The check, hoping to c/r, on the turn was partly for the reason above(tight table, crap cards) while also representing a standard cbet on the flop.
River card didn't worry me, value bet on river, expecting a quick fold! Following reraise im not sure where i stand but i felt i was behind! Result??
Poker Stars - No Limit Hold'em Cash Game - $0.05/$0.10 Blinds - 7 Players - (LegoPoker HH Converter (http://www.legopoker.com/hh/))

SB: $3.30
BB: $7.15
UTG: $9.80
UTG 1: $13
<font color="black">Hero (MP): $16.20</font>
CO: $12.05
BTN: $9.70

<font color="black">Preflop:</font> Hero is dealt Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif (7 Players)
2 folds, <font color="red">Hero raises to $0.30</font>, CO calls $0.30, 2 folds, BB calls $0.20
Uncalled bet of $0 returned to BB

<font color="black">Flop:</font> ($0.95) 7/images/graemlins/heart.gif 4/images/graemlins/club.gif 5/images/graemlins/spade.gif (3 Players)
BB checks, <font color="red">Hero bets $0.50</font>, CO calls $0.50, BB folds

<font color="black">Turn:</font> ($1.95) 7/images/graemlins/heart.gif 4/images/graemlins/club.gif 5/images/graemlins/spade.gif Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif (2 Players)
Hero checks, CO checks

<font color="black">River:</font> ($1.95) 7/images/graemlins/heart.gif 4/images/graemlins/club.gif 5/images/graemlins/spade.gif Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif T/images/graemlins/heart.gif (2 Players)
<font color="red">Hero bets $1.90</font>, <font color="red">CO raises to $4.50</font>, Hero calls $2.60

Pot Size: $10.95 ($0.50 Rake)

CO had 5/images/graemlins/heart.gif A/images/graemlins/heart.gif (a flush, Ace high) and WON ( $5.15)
Hero had Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif and LOST (-$5.30)

dirtylobster
05-01-2007, 06:38 PM