PDA

View Full Version : 10NL TPTK vs danpil

Supwithbates
05-01-2007, 12:58 PM
Poker Stars - No Limit Hold'em Cash Game - $0.05/$0.10 Blinds - 5 Players - (LegoPoker HH Converter (http://www.legopoker.com/hh/))

SB: $4.35
BB: $10.85
<font color="black">Hero (UTG): $16.50</font>
CO: $24.10
BTN: $6.30

<font color="black">Preflop:</font> Hero is dealt A/images/graemlins/club.gif J/images/graemlins/club.gif (5 Players)
<font color="red">Hero raises to $0.40</font>, CO calls $0.40, 3 folds

<font color="black">Flop:</font> ($0.95) 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif 6/images/graemlins/club.gif J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif (2 Players)
<font color="red">Hero bets $0.70</font>, <font color="red">CO raises to $1.40</font>, <font color="red">Hero raises to $3.20</font>, CO calls $1.80

<font color="black">Turn:</font> ($7.35) 5/images/graemlins/diamond.gif (2 Players)
<font color="red">Hero bets $4</font>, <font color="red">CO raises all-in to $20.50</font>, Hero folds

Pot Size: $31.85 ($0.75 Rake)

As title says, Villain is Danpil, uNL regular that I have about 2500 hands of history with. Stats are 19/7/2

Generally Danpil avoids playing pots with me, generally just check/folds most flops if he calls my raise preflop. Today, however, at this particular table, he has been minraising my cbets a good deal, this is the 4th time or so. When he smoothcalls my 4bet, I honestly don't know how to proceed on the turn, because as Danpil has a decently wide range of hands that he'd play for stacks, I'm not sure TPTK is one of them this deep.

Ontario_Tory
05-01-2007, 01:06 PM
Explain to me your thinking on the turn...

You bet the flop for ~3/4 the pot - standard. He raises. You're thinking "is he just testing me out?" and raise it up. He answers you by calling...

So why the bet on the Turn? You got no help, and can presume from his flop action (and your knowledge of the player) that he's got you.

I think (with the benefit of hindsight) that a check/fold is the play on the turn.

But I'm fairly new to this cash thing - please let me know if my thought process is way off...

Sweir
05-01-2007, 01:18 PM
I would call the flop mr and c/c most turn/river's and let him bluff away his stack or bet worse hands. If he checked the turn behind I might make a small vb on the river depending on whether I thought I could induce a bluff or not.

Supwithbates
05-01-2007, 01:21 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I would call the flop mr and c/c most turn/river's and let him bluff away his stack or bet worse hands. If he checked the turn behind I might make a small vb on the river depending on whether I thought I could induce a bluff or not.

[/ QUOTE ]
The problem is that I put much of his range as a draw, 78/QT

LOwrestling2001
05-01-2007, 01:27 PM
he called your 3BET, not 4bet, anyways, call the raise on the flop, there's only one draw out there, you aren't that worried about being outdrawn too much. On the turn, you can fire again since it is blank and fold to a raise, or c/f the turn to a large bet. As played the fold is fine, but you should not be firing this turn as the villain has already called ur flop 3b and you are turning your hand into a bluff by firing.

We Major
05-01-2007, 01:57 PM
Against Danpil I fold this...he's pretty nitty and almost always folds to the CBet. If he has top pair he calls down. If he has 2 pair or a set he'll reraise you.

90% of the time he has a set here

bozzer
05-01-2007, 02:04 PM
i wouldn't 3 bet flop v dan pil, but it does depend how good he thinks you are i suppose. obv turn is a fold.

EDIT: it sounds like you've thought a lot more about dan pils game than i have; i just think of him as a passive nit. bear in mind though that he check-folds a lot of flops - it's not that he's avoiding you - he's a nit. if he's check minraised you a lot he's probably decided you're cbetting too much. i guess this was the first time you actually had a hand? IMO the turn bet is definitely a bridge too far, because he is not trying to pick off a 4 bet bluff by calling. the 4 bet itself is questionable. against an unaggressive opponent i would normally opt to call in position, but as i say, it sounds like you've thought about his game more than i have.

Mr_Pathetic
05-01-2007, 02:10 PM
Knowing this guy it would not surprise me to see him having a straight by turn or a set by flop. Set is more likely as he has always been passive in pots with me. This dude folds to the cbet about 3/4 a time and hardly ever raises me as he did you on flop which makes me think he could have hit his set.

Bowlboy
05-01-2007, 02:58 PM
I know ol' Danpil really well too. He's so nitty postflop I'd bet he'd fold TT to a cbet without hesitation. The fact that he's been playing back at you during a session a fair bit should'nt raise to many suspicions. Over the course of 2500 hands you're bound to run into him while he's running hot sooner or later.

If he is opening up his game a bit, I think he may be playing out of his comfort zone, in which case he'll probably end up spewing chips your way soon enough.

Definitely a fold on the turn. I think his minraise, call line on the flop is'nt a set here. Looks more like the OESD looking for a free card.