PDA

View Full Version : NL25 - AT, Ace on the Flop, King on the Turn - Am I priced in?

Ontario_Tory
05-01-2007, 11:46 AM
Villain is a very loose-passive player. Quite fishy, from what I saw... 41/4/1.5 for our session

I have top pair, kindacrappy kicker.

1) How's my line up to the turn?
2) King on the turn - can I fold this? Should I fold this? I'm getting ~4:1 on the last $5...

Many thanks,

OT

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.25 BB (8 handed) Hand History Converter Tool (http://poker-tools.flopturnriver.com/Hand-Converter.php) from FlopTurnRiver.com (http://www.flopturnriver.com) (Format: 2+2 Forums)

saw flop|<font color="#C00000">saw showdown</font>

BB ($24.75)
UTG ($19.65)
UTG+1 ($12.25)
MP1 ($32.50)
MP2 ($49.20)
<font color="#C00000">CO ($13.65)</font>
Button ($5.50)
<font color="#C00000">Hero ($41.20)</font>

Preflop: Hero is SB with A/images/graemlins/club.gif, T/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 raises to $0.5</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, CO calls $0.50, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Hero calls $0.40, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>.

Flop: ($1.75) A/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 8/images/graemlins/club.gif, 6/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $2.5</font>, UTG+1 folds, CO calls $2.50.

Turn: ($6.75) K/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $5</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises to $10.65</font>, Hero ????

edited to fix stats

deadmoney98
05-01-2007, 12:04 PM
If he is so passive that this is ALWAYS a better hand than yours, you can fold. Sounds like he is loose enough to call with Ax, but would just call down with less than TPGK

FWIW, i would likely not have lead the flop for more than a PSB. Why did you do that?

mrw8419
05-01-2007, 12:32 PM
Lead flop for 1.5-1.75

Check turn he is not often calling with a worse ace on the turn. If he checks turn behind value bet river.

bozzer
05-01-2007, 12:46 PM
This is a reluctant call for me preflop.

I pretty much never overbet early streets so this seems a bit heavy to me on a dry flop. You could lead or check-call.

After this player calls it's an interesting choice whether to bet again or check since his aggression is low and he never raises. his range is A2-AQ basically. I count 4 hands you are behind to, vs 6 you are ahead of. Obviously there's lots of other hands he could have, but Ax is a huge part of his range. It's probably worth a bet vs this opp as you are unlikely to a)be raised off it, b) get value from calling bluffs.

Then he raises. oh dear. but I doubt AK is really in his range so I have to call.

bozzer
05-01-2007, 12:51 PM
[ QUOTE ]
he is often calling with a worse ace on the turn. If he checks turn behind value bet river.

[/ QUOTE ]

FYP. But yes you should probably discount A2 and maybe A3 as a hand he will call with to give the benefit of the doubt.

agree with v-betting river if turn is checked through. it's quite a nice line, but it also turns your hand face up. I actually think betting the turn gets more value from bad aces, but I could be wrong.

Everlong
05-01-2007, 12:51 PM
Hi Tory,

Welcome to uNL (hope you'll host an mtt challenge or two for us..)

1. 3-bet preflop or fold. Really. I honestly think calling
is your worst option.

2. Don't overbet the flop. I'd lead 3/4 and shut down to resistance.

3. Turn raise here means you are beat - don't try and catch a bluff when you are so vulnerable and OOP. Find a better spot.

bozzer
05-01-2007, 12:56 PM
Spamming this thread now, oh well.

[ QUOTE ]

is your worst option.

[/ QUOTE ]

Really??? I hate building the pot OOP with a really terrible RIO hand. I just doubt you have much fold equity because it's raised (people defend their raises IP) and multiway. I'll call because of the good pot odds, but I could see a fold here more than an RR.

[ QUOTE ]

3. Turn raise here means you are beat - don't try and catch a bluff when you are so vulnerable and OOP. Find a better spot.

[/ QUOTE ]

OOP doesn't matter, it's all in I believe.

Machavelli
05-01-2007, 01:01 PM
fold pre-flop.

As played I check/call flop. If villain double barrells I probably fold. ATo is not a good hand for OOP play.

Ontario_Tory
05-01-2007, 01:14 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Hi Tory,

Welcome to uNL (hope you'll host an mtt challenge or two for us..)

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL - tonight's challenge is - as always - open to all... Linky (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showflat.php?Cat=0&amp;Number=10198487&amp;page=0&amp;vc=#Post 10198487)

Everlong
05-01-2007, 01:25 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Spamming this thread now, oh well.

[ QUOTE ]

is your worst option.

[/ QUOTE ]

Really??? I hate building the pot OOP with a really terrible RIO hand. I just doubt you have much fold equity because it's raised (people defend their raises IP) and multiway. I'll call because of the good pot odds, but I could see a fold here more than an RR.

[/ QUOTE ]

I have started to treat minraise-call as limped pots. I know some half-wit villains will have AA/KK when they minraise but that's a small precentage of the time.

I prefer re-raising here to eliminate one if not both opponents preflop. Then c-bet any flop. They will have to be retarded to continue with anything but a set or an overpair ( option 2 in this case obv impossible).

Call here and you will check/fold a vast majority of the time when you whiff. And even if you hit you will have trouble - like right here.

But yeah to stear totally clear of danger a patent nit play is to fold pf here.

edit: I just noticed this is a FR hand. We mainly deal with 6-max here. I think there is a full ring forum where advice might be more applicable.