PDA

View Full Version : How to stack mr. fish?

Fiksdal
05-01-2007, 09:52 AM
Villain has been at the table for only 4 hands, but he has played all of them fwiw.

Full Tilt Poker
No Limit Hold'em Cash Game
$0.05/$0.10 Blinds
6 Players
LegoPoker HH Converter (http://www.legopoker.com/hh/)

<font color="black">Hero (SB): $12.05</font>
<font color="black">BB: $1.85</font>
UTG: $10.55
MP: $7.90
CO: $19.10
<font color="black">BTN: $10.10</font>

<font color="black">Preflop:</font> Hero is dealt 8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 8/images/graemlins/club.gif (6 Players)
3 folds, <font color="red">BTN raises to $0.30</font>, Hero calls $0.25, BB calls $0.20
Uncalled bet of $0 returned to BB

<font color="black">Flop:</font> ($0.90) 8/images/graemlins/heart.gif Q/images/graemlins/club.gif J/images/graemlins/heart.gif (3 Players)
<font color="red">Hero bets $0.85</font>, BB folds, <font color="red">BTN raises to $1.70</font>, Hero calls $0.85

<font color="black">Turn:</font> ($4.30) 9/images/graemlins/club.gif (2 Players)
<font color="red">Hero bets $2.80</font>, BTN calls $2.80

<font color="black">River:</font> ($9.90) 6/images/graemlins/heart.gif (2 Players)
<font color="red">Hero bets $5.30</font>

My river bet puts villain all-in. Comments on all streets appreciated, as I suspect this one was butchered a bit.

ShipitFMA
05-01-2007, 09:55 AM
4-bet flop to ~5, probably a tad under..
shove turn
i'd probably 3-bet preflop too...

samwallistea
05-01-2007, 10:07 AM
Erm Id probably have reraised on the flop because your hands isnt likely to improve and theres both a straight and flush draw out, and you would have to be pretty confident your hand was the best at that point, if you figured him for a poor player you could have either induced another reraise from him or if you min raised maybe he would have just called not being able to fold his hand after raising with it.
Anyway just my thoughts

Tito
05-01-2007, 10:08 AM
You can't 4-bet the flop, only villain can. 3-betting preflop I could go either way on. As played, call flop, bet ~$4 on turn and push any non-heart/club on river.

HasPair
05-01-2007, 10:10 AM
Yeah, 3-bet flop to 5ish..

Lurker.
05-01-2007, 10:13 AM
[ QUOTE ]
You can't 4-bet the flop, only villain can. 3-betting preflop I could go either way on. As played, call flop, bet ~$4 on turn and push any non-heart/club on river.

[/ QUOTE ]
i hate this line. RR right on the flop.

WarhammerIIC
05-01-2007, 10:14 AM
Preflop is fine, I think, as long as you only want to play it for a set (i.e. if you can't drop it after the flop when you don't hit a set, then re-raise here).

On the flop, definitely re-raise, and probably around the pot. A min-raise from a fish usually means they have something they really like and want to get all their money in. I think you could have got him to put his stack in here.

I don't get the turn bet at all. A terrible card falls, so you donk bet into him? You learn nothing. If he calls, he could have literally anything. If you check and he pushes, you can probably fold. If he checks back, then you can probably be sure you have the best hand.

Same on the river. What's the point? Every possible draw has made it now. If he only has a pair, you're probably not getting called. You'd had to pray for two pair. That's about all you can beat that will call that.

Skleice
05-01-2007, 10:25 AM
Reraise flop. Bad turn card either kills your hand or kills the action.

Bonesy
05-01-2007, 10:45 AM
Rest of the hand, I don't know. But you must raise the flop. That is one wet situation and I doubt villain is good enough to fold even the weakest draws given your read.

Isura
05-01-2007, 10:59 AM
Don't lead the flop unless you want to 3-bet. You got him to donk raise with his top pair or whatever, now get the money in before another card kills your action.

Tito
05-01-2007, 11:03 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
i hate this line. RR right on the flop.

[/ QUOTE ]

I thought we were trying to figure out how to stack the fish?? I just don't think that a 3-bet on the flop will get a whole lot more money in the pot. Villain is playing every hand which means that the likelihood that he has anything worth stacking off with is significantly lower. I know that it is a draw heavy board but I'm not really concerned about what villain is holding. I'm not saying that a 3-bet on this board is bad, because it isn't. But I don't want villain to get too suspicious, scared, w/e and fold early.

ukdentisto32
05-01-2007, 11:05 AM
3-bet flop to 5