PDA

View Full Version : Folding Bottom Two pair to resistence

jacbmw
05-01-2007, 01:19 AM
Poker Stars - No Limit Hold'em Cash Game - $0.10/$0.25 Blinds - 6 Players - (LegoPoker HH Converter (http://www.legopoker.com/hh/))

SB: $25.65
<font color="black">Hero (BB): $31.40</font>
UTG: $27.10
MP: $47.90
CO: $10
BTN: $15.90

<font color="black">Preflop:</font> Hero is dealt 2/images/graemlins/diamond.gif T/images/graemlins/spade.gif (6 Players)
UTG folds, MP calls $0.25, CO calls $0.25, BTN calls $0.25, SB calls $0.15, Hero checks

<font color="black">Flop:</font> ($1.25) Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif T/images/graemlins/heart.gif 2/images/graemlins/club.gif (5 Players)
SB checks, <font color="red">Hero bets $1</font>, MP folds, CO calls $1, <font color="red">BTN raises to $3</font>, SB folds, <font color="red">Hero raises to $8</font>, CO folds, <font color="red">BTN raises to $13</font>, <font color="red">Hero raises to $18</font>, BTN calls all-in for $2.65
Uncalled bet of $2.35 returned to Hero

<font color="black">Turn:</font> ($33.55) J/images/graemlins/spade.gif (2 Players - 1 All-In)

<font color="black">River:</font> ($33.55) 6/images/graemlins/diamond.gif (2 Players - 1 All-In)

Pot Size: $33.55 ($1.65 Rake)

BTN had T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif (two pair, Queens and Tens) and WON (+$16)
Hero had 2/images/graemlins/diamond.gif T/images/graemlins/spade.gif (two pair, Tens and Deuces) and LOST (-$15.90)

Is this a spot where you can get away from Two Pair?

I squarely (about 80% sure) put him on the Q10 hand with his $5 re-raise, but my thought process was swayed by the fact that i had two pair and was beating Qx as well. That is why i continued with the hand.

In this situation, when you have such a strong read, is it correct to make the call?

orange
05-01-2007, 03:51 AM
i typically wouldnt 3-bet this flop. its dry enough so i can evaluate the later action.

that said, i probably will get my stack in here barring a stronger read. i typically would have called the $3 and probably c/r-ed a blank turn.

i don't think its too big of a deal if you stacked off here. if its -EV, its not -EV by that much.

jacbmw
05-01-2007, 04:21 AM
Yes, i tend to agree with the call of the flop raise. I am going to remember hands of this type, and take them to showdown a little easier.

Allthough the board isnt as dry as i think you give it credit for given his actions...Prob 30% of the time i would raise a straight draw (in his shoes) and then if the A or 9 hit on the turn, the hand dynamics would change considerably.

However given this point, if i just call his flop raise, i am in a much better position to get away from bottom two pair later. cheers, Jake