PDA

View Full Version : 50NL - Did I get max value?

jmremote
04-30-2007, 07:09 PM
Poker Stars
No Limit Holdem Ring game
Blinds: $0.25/$0.50
6 players
Converter (http://www.neildewhurst.com/hand-converter)

Stack sizes:
UTG: $67.50
UTG+1: $41.40
CO: $52.50
Hero: $110.40
SB: $97.75
BB: $29.50

Pre-flop: (6 players) Hero is Button with 6/images/graemlins/club.gif 6/images/graemlins/heart.gif
2 folds, <font color="#cc0000">CO raises to $2</font>, Hero calls, 2 folds.

Flop: K/images/graemlins/spade.gif 5/images/graemlins/club.gif 6/images/graemlins/diamond.gif ($4.75, 2 players)
<font color="#cc0000">CO bets $3</font>, <font color="#cc0000">Hero raises to $7</font>, CO calls.

Turn: K/images/graemlins/club.gif ($18.75, 2 players)
CO checks, <font color="#cc0000">Hero bets $10</font>, CO calls.

River: 9/images/graemlins/club.gif ($38.75, 2 players)
CO checks, <font color="#cc0000">Hero bets $16</font>, CO calls.

Results:
Final pot: $70.75
<font color="#ffffff">CO mucks Kh Jh</font>

derosnec
04-30-2007, 07:28 PM
this is one of those spots on the river where he is either going to call your or not, regardless of your bet size. i say that for several reasons:

a) he called your raise on a dry flop, so he likely has a king or AA, or who knows maybe even QQ at these bizarro stakes,

b) he called you on the turn, which means he is very likely to have a K or AA; i don't think he picked up a flush draw, because that means he would have continued on the flop with Ax clubs or Qx clubs, which I just can't see him doing;

c) on the river he probably doesn't give you credit for a flush, given your flop raise; so he either likes his hand or he doesn't. i think he likes it. and when they like their hand for 3 streets at these stakes (and when pot is big) i would just push the river because he is rarely folding for a few bucks more here.

Jihad
04-30-2007, 07:35 PM
Although my first inclination is to tell you to make a real raise on the flop, your bet sizing was good enough that (unless I'm reading wrong) he has $33.50 left and a $39 pot. Easy shove in this situation when AI &lt; PSB. Your bet looks soooooooooo much like you want a call, you really only probably get called by a K or BD flush.

Machavelli
04-30-2007, 07:39 PM
raise more on the flop - 9. Bet 13 on the turn. As played bet 22 on the river.

derosnec
04-30-2007, 07:42 PM
yeah i think if he is going to raise that flop (and i'm not sure if he should raise it since it is so dry), then he should raise more because either villain is coming along or he isn't regardless of raise size (he either has a hand or he doesn't).

Kasane
04-30-2007, 08:25 PM
I'd say bet just a smidgen more on flop and turn -- not really for to get the smidgen more of value, but so that your river push can more reasonably be called by more hands.

Against the right villain, these bets mean "I'm weak" and might induce them to do something silly. If so, great. On the other hand, raise more and you're saying "go away" to the right villain. You don't provide a read. With a monster, and no read, I always go with the heftier bet. One of the best lines from NLTAP went something like "when in doubt, generally bet more rather than less."

0evg0
04-30-2007, 08:28 PM
[ QUOTE ]
<font color="#cc0000">CO bets $3</font>, <font color="#cc0000">Hero raises to $7</font>

[/ QUOTE ]

lol

mrw8419
05-01-2007, 07:07 AM
More on flop, so that you can get all in. I'd shove the river his turn call looks like a weak k trying to get to showdown and there is a good chance he won't be able to get away from it.

jumbojacks
05-01-2007, 07:21 AM
Yeah, you did, in a way. If you had raise the flop any bigger, shoved river, or made any really big bets I would have instamucked. Thanks to tilt and when the K hit I realized what a terrible card that was for me, I still called you down. You bet enough for me to tilt call all 3 streets. A better line would have been to call flop/turn and shoved river. It makes your hand look more like a Kx than a boat.

jezmond
05-01-2007, 07:22 AM
Doesn't it depend on the player? Seems like he's got a big king, surely a shove on the river would make him curious.

jumbojacks
05-01-2007, 07:24 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Doesn't it depend on the player? Seems like he's got a big king, surely a shove on the river would make him curious.

[/ QUOTE ]

It does, but I still prefer calling flop/turn and shoving river since you'd very likely get a Kx fire two barrels here.

jezmond
05-01-2007, 07:28 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

It does, but I still prefer calling flop/turn and shoving river since you'd very likely get a Kx fire two barrels here.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yep that's what I'd have done with most standard players.