PDA

View Full Version : NL 50, QQ Turn line ?

Lordy
04-30-2007, 06:51 PM
Villain just sat down.

Party Poker - No Limit Hold'em Cash Game - $0.25/$0.50 Blinds - 5 Players - (LegoPoker HH Converter (http://www.legopoker.com/hh/))

SB: $14.75
<font color="black">Hero (BB): $50</font>
UTG: $26
CO: $101.36
BTN: $55

<font color="black">Preflop:</font> Hero is dealt Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif (5 Players)
2 folds, <font color="red">BTN raises to $1</font>, SB folds, <font color="red">Hero raises to $3</font>, BTN calls $2

<font color="black">Flop:</font> ($6.25) 7/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 8/images/graemlins/heart.gif 5/images/graemlins/diamond.gif (2 Players)
<font color="red">Hero bets $5</font>, BTN calls $5

<font color="black">Turn:</font> ($16.25) T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif (2 Players)
Hero ?

Do I bet here and how much ?
What do I do on a blank river ? On an A or K river ? Diamond river ?

Lurker.
04-30-2007, 06:56 PM
check the turn.
on a blank river i'd lean towards a c/c.
on an A or K river i'd b/f
on a diamond river i'd value bet.

kaz2107
04-30-2007, 07:00 PM
[ QUOTE ]
check the turn.
on a diamond river i'd b/f .

[/ QUOTE ]
fixed my one different oppinion

Lordy
04-30-2007, 07:01 PM
c/c turn, or c/f ?

rakes.a.beach
04-30-2007, 07:04 PM
c/c

Lurker.
[ QUOTE ]
c/c turn, or c/f ?

[/ QUOTE ]
c/c

MrWooster
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
check the turn.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Why would you bet/fold the river flush queen high?

kaz2107
04-30-2007, 07:06 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
check the turn.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Why would you bet/fold the river flush queen high?

[/ QUOTE ]if u can give me a hand that raises the river that we beat im all ears

Lurker.
04-30-2007, 07:07 PM
i never said i was calling a raise. i said valuebet. if he raises it's a fold, and i'ts not really close.

kaz2107
04-30-2007, 07:12 PM
[ QUOTE ]
i never said i was calling a raise. i said valuebet. if he raises it's a fold, and i'ts not really close.

[/ QUOTE ]totally agree. i wasnt tryin to argue with u at all. just wanted to make a point that if we r raised it is a clear fold obv. i knew wut u ment tho /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Lordy
04-30-2007, 07:19 PM
Uh, you "value-bet" a Q high flush on a 4-flush board ? Do you really think a worse hand calls very often ?

Is betting the turn bad ?

juggler97531
04-30-2007, 07:30 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Uh, you "value-bet" a Q high flush on a 4-flush board ? Do you really think a worse hand calls very often ?

[/ QUOTE ]
Always. I have a friend who is 10/20 pro and he sometimes sit with me at 50$NL and tells me what and why he plays.
Once he had a flush with 9h on 4 heart board and said that it is clear value bet. he said something like: "Every flush calls you always. Also 2 pair will likely not fold. We beat most flushes so it is clear value bet. It is value bet on 10/20 let alone on 50$NL". I don't know what we were called by, but we were called and won the hand.

NL Newbie
04-30-2007, 08:15 PM
I dont mind check calling,but we give free cards to every draw and pay off the flush draw. the only hand its +EV against is the rare bet from JJ which we call and beat. You also give up equity to any A/K.

I prefer betting, we charge all the draws and lower PP's and get raised by everything that beats us. Bet $10 and expect to get alot of value from! If your raised, do you honestly think your ahead? If hes raising you with JJ then LOL, you'll stack him later.

C/f the A and K on the river - Wheres the value in betting?
Bet a diamond - its quite close but i think J will call a fair bit and you may even fold the Kx sometimes.
Blank river - Well if it is actually a blank then you only get value from JJ since everything folds to your bet. Check, your checking because the only value you get is from bluffs and if he bets big its a [censored] spot to be in and thats why you need reads. Honestly if he shoves, looks like you got slowplayed and you only beat JJ and bluffs so meh.
If he bets tiny i call.

I doubt a 10/20 pro will bet a 9high flush here - No value in that at all IMO.

0evg0
04-30-2007, 08:18 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Bet $10... If your raised, do you honestly think your ahead?

[/ QUOTE ]

lol prepare to get owned by any decently aggressive reg

NL Newbie
04-30-2007, 08:29 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Care to post something constructive ?

Why are you assuming a unknown is a DECENT AGGRESSIVE player - Is this your standard NL$50 play in your head or something? /images/graemlins/smirk.gif

Jay Riall
04-30-2007, 08:42 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

lol what? I wouldn't bet/call this vs. any decent reg at ssnl/msnl, so I don' know why you thnk your 'getting owned' by doing this.

Lurker.
04-30-2007, 08:51 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
umm...what?

0evg0
04-30-2007, 08:53 PM
the assumption that only hands that beat QQ raise on this drawtastic board is silly

NL Newbie
04-30-2007, 08:53 PM
im gonna come back to this in the morning, its 2am and im [censored] half asleep.

FWIW i agred with lurkers first post, then ended up with B/fing. They both have merits, you get alot from bluffs by taking a passive line but i think alot of people will end up calling a river bet when they're behind a massive % of the time.

night /images/graemlins/blush.gif

mrw8419
05-01-2007, 07:16 AM
I bet fold 9-12. C/C seems to crappy as you get value bet and semibluffed against a lot and c/c narrows your range to some kind of pair plus draw.

On the flop I see people semibluffing draws, but at nl 50 I don't see too many regs semibluffing in position on the turn.

Lordy
05-01-2007, 07:31 AM
The rest of the hand :

I bet 10$, villain calls. River is an offsuit 3 or 4, I check, he bets 5$ into 35$... I obv insta-call and he shows TT. lol.