PDA

View Full Version : Str8 vs. possible flush. raise river for value?

juggler97531
04-30-2007, 06:29 PM
Villain is 75/15 after 100 hands. We played two big pots, once we went allin AA vs. his 77 on a TJx board and he rivered a 7. second one he had 74 on 762flop and i stacked him with my JJ for 60BB. He is passive preflop, super aggro on two first streets and is folding most rivers. There was few hands where he folded 10BB on the river in 50BB pot he build himself.

One more read which is not much realiable is that he seems a lot like a good player, who is playing on stakes where buyin is like 1BB in his normal game. He tries to play many pots, and plays marginal hands aggressive, but somehow i had some respect to his play(during all sesion(this hand is in the middle) i was winning his money(about 300BB i won from him tonight) but he wasn't rebuying but winning others money)
I think that he has some respect to me, but cannot be sure:)
FWIW i run like 19/16 tonight.

The question is : do I value-bet the river?
Answer seems obvious: VAAALUUUUEEE!!! but the problem is that we are both 35$ deep in 20$ pot.
Against normal donk i would bet 15$ and fold to a raise. Against him i believe he is capable of bluffing here, and also flush is in his range. So i really don't know how to handle his possible raise.
Or maybe i should shove? I can bet 34$ and we have 35 left so it's like shove.
So the second question is - if you raise to 15$ or 20$ do you call the shove?

Texas Hold'em $50 PL

Seat 1: BB1 ($18.10 in chips)
Seat 3: UltraDonkey ($45.65 in chips)
Seat 4: Juggler [ 6/images/graemlins/heart.gif,7/images/graemlins/heart.gif ] ($90.65 in chips)
Seat 5: btn ($48.00 in chips)
ANTES/BLINDS
BB1 posts blind ($0.50), UltraDonkey posts blind ($0.50).

PRE-FLOP
Juggler bets $2, btn folds, BB1 folds, UltraDonkey calls $1.50.

FLOP [board cards 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif,8/images/graemlins/spade.gif,2/images/graemlins/spade.gif ] Pot: 4.5$
UltraDonkey checks, Juggler checks.

TURN [board cards 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif,8/images/graemlins/spade.gif,2/images/graemlins/spade.gif,5/images/graemlins/spade.gif ] Pot: 4.5$
UltraDonkey checks, Juggler bets $4.50, UltraDonkey bets $9, Juggler calls $4.50.

RIVER [board cards 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif,8/images/graemlins/spade.gif,2/images/graemlins/spade.gif,5/images/graemlins/spade.gif,3/images/graemlins/club.gif ] Pot: 22.5$
UltraDonkey bets $4, Juggler...

drsmooth
04-30-2007, 06:38 PM
Ask yourself if you will fold to a push. If yes call, if no raise. Based on what you've put I don't know what I would do, but thats how I would base my decision. Its a really small bet on the end that looks like he really wans a call, but I don't know if that is how he has been playing.