PDA

View Full Version : 50NL - Turn set, pushed river

jmremote
04-30-2007, 05:26 PM
Poker Stars
No Limit Holdem Ring game
Blinds: $0.25/$0.50
5 players
Converter (http://www.neildewhurst.com/hand-converter)

Stack sizes:
UTG: $50
CO: $76.40
Button: $54.80
Hero: $110.85
BB: $47

Pre-flop: (5 players) Hero is SB with 5/images/graemlins/spade.gif 5/images/graemlins/club.gif
2 folds, <font color="#cc0000">Button raises to $1.5</font>, Hero calls, BB folds.

Flop: J/images/graemlins/club.gif Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif 7/images/graemlins/diamond.gif ($3.5, 2 players)
Hero checks, Button checks.

Turn: 5/images/graemlins/heart.gif ($3.5, 2 players)
<font color="#cc0000">Hero bets $3</font>, Button calls.

River: 3/images/graemlins/diamond.gif ($9.5, 2 players)
<font color="#cc0000">Hero bets $7</font>, <font color="#cc0000">Button raises all-in $50.3</font>, Hero folds.
Uncalled bets: $43.3 returned to Button.

Results:
Final pot: $23.5

I felt villian had a set of J or Qs. Villian says he didnt have a set after I folded, not sure I belive him, what do you think? Villian also says "i love bluffin" when I am deciding

Ikaika
04-30-2007, 05:37 PM
What is the point of playing small pocket pairs if you aren't going to get it all in when you make a set? I instacall here 100% of the time. And turn off player chat, it'll only tilt you.

ocdscale
04-30-2007, 05:58 PM
Easy call, if he has 64 or a higher set, god bless him, but trip 5s practically the nuts here.
He could be doing this with TP, even an overpair if he's highly aggro. (Disregard everything anyone says in chat. He just as likely to say that while bluffing and while holding nuts)

jmremote
04-30-2007, 06:03 PM
I guess you could be right. I didnt really take much of what he said into effect. I was thinking the hand throght and since he was in the sb and me in the bb, he wanted to keep me in by a small preflop raise. Im thinking then after I hit the set im a good. Buyt when he went all in after my bet, I was thinking maybe he was slow playing the flop for me to catch up, and then the raise he made was so over the top when he wasnt really that invested in the hand... i dunno

mrw8419
05-01-2007, 07:23 AM
I would def call here except for what villain said in the chat worries me. I still think its a call though if villain is bad enough to slowplay a set then he's bad enough to slowplay AA, KK, AQ, and QJ

jezmond
05-01-2007, 07:25 AM
Nothing to think about here, call.

jumbojacks
05-01-2007, 07:27 AM
I don't mind the fold. This is almost never AA/KK and you would know beforehand if it's AA/KK in previous hands if he's that bad. The chat is an obvious tell.

I think you need to give a very good reason here to call this besides "OMG never fold set for 100BBs." Handread pls, kthxbye.

poon
05-01-2007, 07:28 AM
please let taproot explain:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0uQ62e3oljk

Bramsterdam
05-01-2007, 07:38 AM
He doesn't make a cbet which is suspicious, but this could also be QJ, TPTK or something else. Just call since you're holding the 4th nuts. Set over set is just variance /images/graemlins/wink.gif

50NL isn't the limit where you should make these "big" laydowns imo.

jezmond
05-01-2007, 09:10 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I don't mind the fold. This is almost never AA/KK and you would know beforehand if it's AA/KK in previous hands if he's that bad. The chat is an obvious tell.

I think you need to give a very good reason here to call this besides "OMG never fold set for 100BBs." Handread pls, kthxbye.

[/ QUOTE ]

1. Have you taken into account Villians position? If Villian was UTG I might think twice.

This screams top 2 or bluff to me.

HBomb
05-01-2007, 09:26 AM
I'm insta calling in this spot, if he had a hand he wanted to protect from draws, he would probably be c-betting the flop for protection and value. I just can't give him credit in this spot for something better than a set.

Chomp
05-01-2007, 09:35 AM
Every time I have a moment of weakness in these spots I remember the old saying: "If you don't go broke with a set, you played it wrong". FTW.

Isura
05-01-2007, 11:04 AM
[ QUOTE ]
What is the point of playing small pocket pairs if you aren't going to get it all in when you make a set? I instacall here 100% of the time. And turn off player chat, it'll only tilt you.

[/ QUOTE ]

Turning a set and facing weird action on the river is much much different than getting it all-in on the flop!

Isura
05-01-2007, 11:06 AM
[ QUOTE ]

50NL isn't the limit where you should make these "big" laydowns imo.

[/ QUOTE ]

Disagree. I'm much more likely to make a big fold at nl50 than nl500.

barryc83
05-01-2007, 11:28 AM
I really dont understand folding this even though the chat means hes likely strong. You give no stats so im assuming hes a random unknown and no way Im folding to some random here. He could easily be some donk slowplaying AQ/KQ/AA/KK or a bluff or QJ.

limit refugee
05-01-2007, 12:08 PM
I'm calling this easily, but am not surprized if I lose.

Overall it is +EV, but it is a higher set that a wannabe fancypants slow played often enough that I am prepared for it. Smile if you win, move on if you lose.

Chat shouldn't effect a decision sans a special reason for it to.