PDA

View Full Version : ATs - Is this a leak?

Stan Loh
04-30-2007, 11:25 AM
Full Tilt Poker No-Limit Hold'em, $0.25 BB (5 handed) Hand History converter (http://www.learnhowtoplaypokerfree.com/convert/convert.cgi) Courtesy of PokerZion.com (http://PokerZion.com)

BB ($29.90)
Hero ($28.15)
MP ($32.35)
Button ($28.70)
SB ($12.05)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with T/images/graemlins/club.gif, A/images/graemlins/club.gif.
<font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $0.85</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises to $2</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, BB calls $1.75, Hero folds.

Quick one. Is it correct to fold here? I mean, it's the kind of top pair hand and I don't think it would be very good even if I hit either my ace or ten, either way I would be behind being outkicked or facing an overpair in a pot where it went re-raised with another player calling and not to mention being out of position. I probaly need really good implied odds to draw to my flush in an already huge pot. The only thing is that he did not re-raise so much, slightly more than just double my bet. So is it correct to fold here?

PietM
04-30-2007, 11:30 AM
I think I would fold this. In a six-handed game I wouldn't even play it UTG, I'd just fold it there.

As you said, you're easily dominated here. If a ten comes Button could have an overpair, if an Ace flops, you can't be too happy with your kicker.

I don't think you flop a flush often enough to make it profitable. If you flop a flushdraw you have to hope villains don't bet you out of the pot.

MusashiStyle
04-30-2007, 11:30 AM
good question, if the BB had folded then folding is a good option. However, with two 100+ BB stacks you are getting the odds u need to take a flop with this decent suited ace. I would prob call the 3-bet even if BB folds, but I'm a lagfish.

Machavelli
04-30-2007, 11:42 AM
ATs is not a good raising hand from UTG

Ikaika
04-30-2007, 11:45 AM
So the only aces you guys raise UTG are like AJs+ and AQ+?

juggler97531
04-30-2007, 11:50 AM
some reads on button?
if he hasn't shown any light 3betting tendencies i think we can easly fold this. also WTF is BB call? i would just let it go as even if +EV this situation is very marginal and we can have very difficult decisions to make if we flop Ace.

Stan Loh
04-30-2007, 12:10 PM
No reads, new table.

So I guess, it's more +EV not to play ATs UTG? Then I won't have these kind of problems. How about AJs?

Should I start with ATs in middle position?

juggler97531
04-30-2007, 12:16 PM
i personally, like to raise ATs UTG in 5max. But i also like to shut up when someone 3bets me.

BevillTheDevil
04-30-2007, 12:28 PM
i raise UTG w/ ATs esp if i have a nitty image, folding is ok too but i def hate a limp...basically just preference IMO but after the 3-bet i just lay it down...in 3bet pot pf OOP AT is hard/sucks to play postflop IMO.

Quester
04-30-2007, 12:35 PM
[ QUOTE ]
No reads, new table.

So I guess, it's more +EV not to play ATs UTG? Then I won't have these kind of problems. How about AJs?

Should I start with ATs in middle position?

[/ QUOTE ]

How's the table? ATs is in my open range UTG on tight to semi-tight tables. On average tables, I fold it most times UTG along with AJo. I'll raise AJs maybe 1/2 the time.

I almost always open ATs in middle position.

Edit: Just saw "new table." In this case, I'm folding ATs UTG until I know it is safe to play it.

Vyse
04-30-2007, 12:39 PM
I only play AQo+, KQs, all PP UTG.

Hellmouth
04-30-2007, 12:39 PM
I don't think this is a leak. I raise AJo and ATs UTG at NL25 6max. These and low pocket pairs are about the lowest I am raising UTG unless at least one player is sitting out.

I think folding to the reraise unless you think villain is reraising light is probably the best play as well. Have you been aggro and running over the table lately?

Also I am very scared about the cold caller so if I call I am pretty much laying down on the flop if I dont hit a strong draw like nut flush with gutshot etc or better like top two.

Greg